Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMC.  (Read 24559 times)

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMC.
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 09:41:35 PM »
I'm working on something like that for Final Redoubt Press (or rather an author is for me).  At the moment, I think it will be fairly system-generic.

That's fantastic news! When I buy it, I promise to check my junk mail folder for the download link this time! lol
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
LOL.

I haven't officially announced it yet, because I don't have a first draft and I'm not writing it.  I don't feel safe making an official announcement about something someone else is doing (basically, I'm the only writer in the world I can speak authoratitively on), but it looks good so far.  She tells me bits of it during the Echoes playtest and in the carpool on the way to writer's group.  Right now she's serving as a stat monkey for the Bestiary, though, so that's taking all her time.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »
LOL.

I haven't officially announced it yet, because I don't have a first draft and I'm not writing it.  I don't feel safe making an official announcement about something someone else is doing (basically, I'm the only writer in the world I can speak authoratitively on), but it looks good so far.  She tells me bits of it during the Echoes playtest and in the carpool on the way to writer's group.  Right now she's serving as a stat monkey for the Bestiary, though, so that's taking all her time.

Boy you must be going big time, to have your own monkeys.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 06:23:36 AM »
Must be the giant bananas he bribs them with.  ;D :P ;)

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 06:26:45 AM »
I have mad monkey skills.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 08:52:22 AM »
Defendi - congrats on having people.  Have you uttered 'have your people call my people and we'll do lunch' yet?  That is a true sign of fame - like your town getting its first McDonald's or its second Casey's.

One thing that I think the team at I.C.E. could do a fabulous job on is a complete character background and history companion. For those of you who have ever used any of the Central Casting books from Task Force Games which are long out of print, you may know where I'm coming from.

We actually use that quite frequently.  Unfortunately 75% of the time you end up in the military and some of the events are just nutty.  But in general we use it when you don't know what kind of character you want and just want to wing it.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 09:24:19 AM »
Has already been mentioned several times but still, something like Something wicked would definitely be nice for RMC. About the darker art, summoning, creation of undead and maybe how to cross a demon with an undead (Black Reaver'n stuff), maybe a few artifacts of especially nasty power and cruel magic (vodoo dolls, blood control and the like).
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 04:20:13 PM »

We actually use that quite frequently.  Unfortunately 75% of the time you end up in the military and some of the events are just nutty.  But in general we use it when you don't know what kind of character you want and just want to wing it.
[/quote]

Indeed! Always the military! lol That is why I would love to see what you guys could do with a similar concept. That was a great book, but I would love to see ICE make a more functional product perhaps.
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »
I'm working on something like that for Final Redoubt Press (or rather an author is for me).  At the moment, I think it will be fairly system-generic.

Cool. If your author can improve upon the fun and depth of Central Casting, sign me up! (Just about everyone in my RM2 campaigns spends a background option to be run through CC.)

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
But has Robert had his monkies call other peoples monkies to do banana daquires? that would be the best, IMHO.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 06:36:15 AM »
What about a companion about

Elfs & other Inmortals.

There really isn't that much information or even background on Elf culture, abilities and the such.

And an Arcane Companion

I have the RMSS version and I was unimpressed with it when it came out, and still am. You could have all the Arcane Lists that came with the companions (or variations of them for copyright issues), and a few extra lists like Freezing Law (something about extreme cold, akin to what Mana Fires is to Fire Law), a powerful Illusions list, some Genetics-Life Altering list and the such. Hopefully with some "Arcane Items" to boot. And my old time favourite, Large and Extra Large Crit tables for ALL the elements affected by the Arcane Lists ... (please please)  ;D

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »
Lord Garth,
 You should try and find a copy of the Spell Users Comp as it has what you are looking for. Not that it should not be done again but SUC can be a good book to have.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 08:34:29 AM »
Oh, I have that book alright markc!  ;D No crit tables on it though, unlike the Arms Companion...

Also, the fact is that the Spell Users Companion came out after several (if not all I don't know the timeline) of the other companions came out. It would be awesome to have the Arcane lists that came in all the companions, or variations of them, in one single book, don't you think? Along with extended Crit tables, of course!  :P

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »
Lord Garth,
 Unfortantly no, I am generally in the minoraty on the boards as i did not like the power creep in the companions and I srtictly limited spell lists available until I switched to RMSS. I can agree that crit tables are good and should be copied many times in case of loss, I am still looking for my other 3 RoCo III's. But also some of the tables have been reprinted in Shadow World material and updated for RMSS.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 04:19:07 PM »
The original Companion books would convience me to jump on board with RMC. I LOVE RM2, as I've recently learned it's called now, and have damn near everything for it. You put those in print and I'll buy it all over again.

-A
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 04:28:08 PM »
Well, I can offer you partial gratification:

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=4294.0
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 04:31:05 PM »
RM1 is easy (and working its way slowly towards completion)

the later ones are unlikely for a wide range of reasons, including a massive degree of power creep - if they were to be republished, they would either come with health warnings on every page, or would have to be completely redone to prevent the more ridiculous suggestions (in some cases this encompasses more than 70% of the book) from seeing sunlight again ...

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »
The major rights issue, laying in the fact that from 2 on it's 3, then 17, then some other silly number of authors who need to sell back the rights, if they can be located.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »
I would look forward to a reprint of the first RM Companion.  Mine is getting awful worn.   :)
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »
I know realize how stoopid my las statement was.
I was ignorant towards the issues surrounding the Companions.
A shame really.
In a perfect world, I suppose, the people invovled would say "hmmm, well that was the old company... this is the new one. I wrote (or) contributed all that for a reason... I love the system and game and yeah I got a few bucks out of it. The new guys are trying to make things right and not blowing smoke up my... I'll help out again and take thier offer and see what that might lead to in the future."

I've always been a bit of a dreamer...

-A
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland