Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMC.  (Read 24853 times)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Products I would like to see for RMC.
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:46:42 AM »
Here is your chance to describe one or more products that you would like to see ICE do at some point in the future. ICE is not promising anything here, except to consider suggestions made.

Use the following format when making a suggestion

Example Product Title/Working Title
Product description paragraph. This can be as detailed or sketchy as you like (though the more detailed the better), but try to keep it to just a single paragraph.

Please do not suggest books that are currently out of print (such as the  Spell Users Companion or Elemental Companion). Suggesting completely new versions/reworkings of such books would be okay though.

Please keep it to a single suggestion per post as it makes it easier for use to distinguish each separate suggestion that way. Making multiple posts to make multiple suggestions is quite alright.

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
Re: Products I would like to see for RMC.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:17:59 AM »
Alternative Dimensions

Personally I have always had a thing for alternative dimensions and dimensional creatures. So what I would like to see if a sort of a book dedicate to the description of other dimensions, not all demon worlds or heavens, such as the Pales, the Void, but they COULD be thrown into the mix as well. It could and should even include some trans-dimentional empires or being to try to achieve such things.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:50:30 AM by PiXeL01 »
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »
Training Companion

Optional Experience Rules; Rules for character development while "out-of-play"; rules for Training Packages, oh - and you already have a couple of the chapters :)

Offline Steve_990

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:10:34 AM »
Transcend Armor Companion ...

... sooooooo joking :)

I'd actually like to see a Profession Companion (I think I saw that being discussed as a RMFRP suppliment - correct me if I'm wrong)

But something like that for RM2/RMC with a bunch of new classes, skill costs and spells. Maybe tie them to a setting so instead of things like "Fighter", you could have Gladiators from the Pits of Skellos or stuff like that. It would be really sweet if it could have alot of the skill costs from RoCo II (but I understand if that isn't possible).

Steve.

Offline kevinmccollum

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 01:55:32 AM »
Healers companion

A book covering bandaging, surgery, herbs, etc.

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:46:11 AM »
Hi,

The wishes I posted under "FMFRP" were actually meant for RMC, they are:

People I have met

Lots of NPCs with stats for various levels as well as a short summary of their background, goals,...

Rebirth has never been so easy

As implified character generation system that is still 100% compatible with RMC. I am looking for something as done with RotG, where you could select a profession and 2 additional templates, add everything together and your character is finished. I believe also GURPS has similiar products, where they deliver "templates" for wizards, fighters and so on.

BR
Juergen

Offline Pit Ote

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »
High Magic
Beyond the human magical limit. Great powers, good and evil rituals, miracles and God channelings, reality warp, magic storms,...
Rules for GMs:  wishes; magic rituals; divine intervention; fate and fortune; ,...
Spell rules: new spell lists, forbidden spells, chain of spells, linked spells
New professions: Faith Healer, Ritualist, Chance Mage, Legender,...
New creatures: avatars
And... many more

:D :D I think "Power creep companion" is a good name too.
.....unbalanced ......overpowered ......chaotic ......

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 12:39:53 PM »
I think the professions and associated lists are like the fine spice, and should be used sparingly.

One think I think FRP hit a home run with was thematic rather than mechanical companions. So do themed companions, and just toss a few professions in each one. (Like your Combat Companion.

Lots of fun ones out there

Undead companion (w/ necromancer and Vampire hunter professions.)

Had a lot of fun with War Law, it opened a lot of possabilities, perhaps a future new look at massed combat for RM. (Ideal for a load of little non caster professions like Leader, sabeteur)
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 01:14:09 PM »
all the stuff that was printed for it first time round, and all the new stuff converted to it.

SpaceMaster is my personal choice though...

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »
I won't make 25 consecutive posts... sorry.

1. Breaking the Law - Companion for stealth
2. Combat Companion - Companion for arms users
3. Healing Companion - Companion for all kinds of healing
4. Realm Companion x5 - One companion each for Essence, Mentalism, Channeling, Arcane and Elementals
5. Undead Companion
6. Player companion - Companion with detailed rules for character creation (find new ways to spice up the character)
7. Natures Law - Companion for all things outdoors, survival, hunting, travels...
8. Underground companion - All things underground
9. Religions Companion
10. Martial arts companion

That's just from the top of my head.

Offline Steve_990

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »
Demon / Devil Law : Deals with demons, the pales, summoning, etc etc...

Offline grayburst

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 09:00:13 AM »
I would like to see more Realm companions released but with more variety in the overall flavor. I'd like to seen new Essence, Mentalism, and Channeling, but a new Arcane and Elemental. I'd also like to see some expansion of Companions with a new Alchemy, a  detailed Summoning companion, and maybe a Reality magic companion.  A reintroduction of the Sea Law would be grand. And a Nature companion to include survival skills, wilderness ecologies, and nature focused magics would be interesting.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 12:45:21 PM »

How bout Travelling Companion -- of and relating to all things boats, flying craft, underground travel, extra-planar travel, agencies (ala Navigators), spirit-walking, ethereal travel, rates of speed, encounters, costs, gear, weather effects, etc.

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 05:36:24 PM »
I would really, really, no, really like to see Large and Super Large crit tables for Elemental attacks. With Rolemaster having a trillion or so critical tables it's a let-down to have only two types of rolls for ALL the elements. Normal and Slaying. One size fits all indeed.

And I'd like some "Underwater Companion" in a similar vein as the Underground Races & Cultures, but with some new professions to boot.

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 10:34:24 AM »
I'd like a companion covering the training packages as presented in Arms Companion and later in RMSS that offers training packages for Shadow World like Changramai, phoenix guard from Rhakhaan, amazon of Sarnak, mage of Talaus, etc.

Also book that covers extra spell lists for the typical proffesions in case a player wants to be a ranger, but a different one from the typical. One thing that Rolemaster makes good as opposed to D&D  is that no character with the same profession is identical, but I'd like to have about 10 or 12 base spell lists for each spell user to choose.

Also a book that covers psionics in a different way as the previous one: "The lists have other names, that's psionics"

For the rest I'm covered, I only need more Shadow World books  ::)

You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »
There is no such thing as a training package in RMC!

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »
There is no such thing as a training package in RMC!

I think that is the reason to call the thread "Products I would like to see for RMC."  ;D
You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline Makarok

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 02:18:14 AM »
I would like to see a redo of the old settings companions like Pirates, Vikings etc.
A book of variant professions would be nice too. I always liked that part of the old RM2 companions, even if I didn't use all of them.
Also, a high level campaign book that also deals with divine ascension for characters would be nice too.

Cheers

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 07:40:59 PM »
Background and History Companion

One thing that I think the team at I.C.E. could do a fabulous job on is a complete character background and history companion. For those of you who have ever used any of the Central Casting books from Task Force Games which are long out of print, you may know where I'm coming from.

Basically, I'd love to see a companion book which would use multiple charts and tables to generate a character or NPC's life thus far before the adventure starts... Starting with social standing and floating through noteworthy events in youth, adolesence and adulthood. Of course, some additional information on the character's family background and whatnot is also a great touch.

I think that the I.C.E. crew would do a fantastic job on a book like this because of the attention to great detail that goes into each and every book you make! :)
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »
I'm working on something like that for Final Redoubt Press (or rather an author is for me).  At the moment, I think it will be fairly system-generic.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com