Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMC.  (Read 25082 times)

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
Re: Products I would like to see for RMC.
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »
Onward To Adventure!

A book with a number of short, generic adventures for RMC would be an excellent idea, IMO.

There just isn't enough adventure support for Rolemaster these days.  That's a huge problem (IMO).
Akrasia: literally, "bad mixture", the Greek term for the character flaw of incontinence or weakness of the will, the condition in which an agent is unable to perform actions that are known to be right.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 05:55:01 PM »
There just isn't enough adventure support for Rolemaster these days.  That's a huge problem (IMO).

Actually ICE is already working on developing more adventure support...

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 05:59:02 PM »
Actually ICE is already working on developing more adventure support...

Cool. 
 :cool:
I have the first Guild Adventurer, and think that's a positive development.  But a collection of adventures specifically for RMC would be nice.  (And it would be nice if it was a 'real' book too...)  Just a thought.
Akrasia: literally, "bad mixture", the Greek term for the character flaw of incontinence or weakness of the will, the condition in which an agent is unable to perform actions that are known to be right.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 06:35:44 PM »
Blain Akrasia, I've pledged for 2 copies of TGA#2 ... so our group should have a few more adventures soon enough :)

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »
Anyone wishing to make a pledge for TGA#2, only have a few days to do so (this closing month). TGA#2 IMO is better than the first, other than that, my lips are sealed.  ;)

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »
Sorry.  A misaligned post for some reason.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 01:07:44 PM »
I'm sure this has been touched on at least a few times...
But the new C&T is being eagerly awaited.
I've always had a hard time decoding the original.
I'm also hoping that creature descriptions will be expanded on, the original is weak on a multitude of beasties. The Rolemaster Bestiary if you will.
This is what I'm looking for most of all as I'm starting to build a new game world.

Source books/companions for different professions. Again, touched on before.

I think the suggestion of a compilation of all the professions, thier skill costs, etc. would be a real boon once those are expanded upon.
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline TomOBedlam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2007, 06:32:30 AM »
"Thats got to suck..." - The fumble and critical failure companion.
Featuring over 100 Unusual events for the player that just cant stop rolling those 66:es.

Demon summoning - 66.
"Your portal to the first pale opens just ontop of a newly opened portal to the 6th pale, where a demonic mage is summoning power from beyond the pale. Everyone is so surprised that you have 2 rounds to run away screaming before the bloodletting begins"
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »
Something like Races and cultures for RMC.  If someone already suggested this, considered it seconded or thirded; or whatever. ;)
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541

Offline Balhirath

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 06:50:01 AM »
Healers companion

A book covering bandaging, surgery, herbs, etc.

Yes and then add some REAL Herbs (along with a huge disclaimer :) )
I'm new here, but have played RM2 on and off for 20 years. :)

Offline Willen

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Behold the beauty of my daughter
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »
"Thats got to suck..." - The fumble and critical failure companion.
Featuring over 100 Unusual events for the player that just cant stop rolling those 66:es.

Demon summoning - 66.
"Your portal to the first pale opens just ontop of a newly opened portal to the 6th pale, where a demonic mage is summoning power from beyond the pale. Everyone is so surprised that you have 2 rounds to run away screaming before the bloodletting begins"

That's the very BEST idea I've heard in a while. Something we as gamers should definitely do if ICE cannot!! We should open a thread and suggest screw-ups, and then perhaps Nicholas can compile them for a TGC article  ;D ;D
==||==
"The victorious has many friends; the defeated, good friends." -Mongol saying

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Kentucky Fried Gamers
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
I would love to see something along the lines of:

Rolemaster Eras
A resource book with information that would allow you to apply the Rolemaster rule to several different time periods, i.e. 1800's western or Europe, 1920's-1930's, 1950's (thinking of cheesy horror settings) etc.

It would definitely allow for a break from the normal fantasy, future or present day settings.

my 2 cents
Life is like a dogsled team, unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 04:54:31 PM »
I would love to see something along the lines of:

Rolemaster Eras
A resource book with information that would allow you to apply the Rolemaster rule to several different time periods, i.e. 1800's western or Europe, 1920's-1930's, 1950's (thinking of cheesy horror settings) etc.

It would definitely allow for a break from the normal fantasy, future or present day settings.

my 2 cents
For RMSS thier are Black Op's and Pulp Adventures [I an not so sure right now on the name of the last one but it is a good product if you want to run a 1920's pulp-game or chthulu type game]
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2007, 04:21:01 PM »
Culture, Culture and Culture

It's the one thing I loved about MERP was the small section in the back that detailed a number of Tolkien cultures. I loved how they gave different BG options depending on the culture, and each race/culture had inherent abilities (and usually fewer BGs) and languages, etc. I even don't mind the Adolescant Skill Development being required for certain cultures (we sometimes had RaceA being brought up in CultureB, so while the player was an Elf, they had the adolescant skills of a Man).

One of my favorite RM books has to be Races & Cultures: Underground. So much to choose from when crafting your world. I'd love to see more like this.

-shnar

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
Another vote for a culture & Background book.Plus a vote for a spanking brand new & updated ShadowWorld Master Atlas  ;D.
RoseCityHoligEEK
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Maldroth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 09:28:56 PM »
Adventure Companion

A book dealing with how to organize a series of events and encounters to make a Rolemaster adventure. Go further to explain encounter balancing for level and party size. Cover some environment or tactics that can be used to make an encounter more challenging for PCs and perhaps make was used to seem routine new again (and perhaps worth XP bonus for being a new spin on an otherwise routine encounter).

Traps and how to craft them to be challenging for not only the resident trap monkey of the group but perhaps total party participation. Alternate solution methods for groups that may not have more mechanically inclined characters.

While some of this may be old hat for more experience RM GMs this would be great for newcomers to RMC and could provide some cool encounter material like C&T would that's not combat based.

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 10:33:38 PM »
That actually is a pretty good idea, and I would add some emphasis on how to dole out XP, especially following RMX's more subjective way of doling out XP.

I'd love to see some ideas for very unusual RPG adventures, like political intrigue, mysteries, horror stories, etc.

-shnar

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 11:16:51 PM »
For horror adventures you could like Nightmares of Mine (which was made for RMSS but has basically no rules inside, so it can be used with any system), which IMHO is very cool.
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Setorn

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 12:35:52 PM »
Ok, if some of this repeats I am sorry, but the thread is long and I have skimmed it.  So, in some of my posts, I am sure will be seconds, thirds and so forths.

1)Divine Magic:
Divine Magic as opposed to Channeling, magic granted from belief, by gods, demons, dragons, elementals, spirits and/or extra-planar entities.  These could be tied into the Talent/gift reward system that has been recently presented in “Express Additions Issue #2.”  As the local clergyman on these forums, I would like to note that faith in RM2/RMC/RMX has seen very little support.  I know RMSS/FRP has had some better support and I have liked some of it and not others.   

Beyond Divine Magic, assistance on how to create cults, faiths, churches.  I create very elaborate religions within my games and elaborate means of expressing them.  Seeing these processes spelled out could be useful for some.  This could include other things for “good” or “neutral” Characters to summon other than demons too.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:43:00 PM by Setorn »
Rev. Scott

It all started with two men vs. three-hundred thousand orcs.

Offline Setorn

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »
Ok, if some of this repeats I am sorry, but the thread is long and I have skimmed it.  So, some of my post I am sure will be seconds, third and so forth.
2) Spell Users Companion
No, not a rewrite of the old one.  A completely new work, an expansion on SL.  New spell lists, of course, but also additional optional rules: Skills, alternate views on the Realms.  This product could be constructed as the Channeling, Essence, Mentalism Companions of RMSS, but united (obviously, the differences between the composition of Channeling between the two systems would not be compatible).  Maybe used to introduce Arcane.   
Rev. Scott

It all started with two men vs. three-hundred thousand orcs.