Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMC.  (Read 24856 times)

Offline skathros!

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMC.
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
Scenario Companion (or book of one-shots)

I've been putting something like that together fron the past 3 months. It's not an official ICE product but a fan project. If anyone wants a peek once it's done, let me know.

That said, what i'd love to see is a setting book for RMX and RMC. Maybe have the Express version of the setting following the RMX philosophy of being both an intro yet complete, as well as a gateway to the more robust RMC version of the same setting.

Another thing i'd gladely buy would be adventures. Back in my M-E days no company produced adventures/modules of the quality ICE did. Wouldn't mind seeing that again.

A collection of the EA up to date in book format would be pretty sweet for this RMX loving guy.

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
RMC:C1 with expanded skills :P Yes I know someone said in another thread that it's not likely ...but I love my Skills.
Djivan Yera Ashkali
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
A new updated Oriental Companion or a Oriental Settiing book that'd cover proffessions,Skills,Races ect.. as well a well thoughtout fully realized Oriental Fantasy setting to use with RMC.
Djivan Yera Ashkali
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 05:17:06 PM »
A collection of the EA up to date in book format would be pretty sweet for this RMX loving guy.

If I may, what is "EA?"
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 06:21:32 PM »
EA == Express Additions - the PDF supplements that have been adding bits of RMC to RMX plus adding a few small new bits to both.

Offline Setorn

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 08:45:08 PM »
and for $2 an issue are worth the price.  It's like a monthly update.  I wish I could just subscribe. 

SS
Rev. Scott

It all started with two men vs. three-hundred thousand orcs.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2008, 01:27:47 AM »
Shadow World 7.0
Work something out with Terry and introduce Shadow World as the official game setting for RMC.

Shadow world is a great setting but I fear we need more than one author...

If it's not feasible then we need a brand new setting with ready to run adventures and campaign modules.
This is a smart product because it'll allow you to publish/sell books without having to come up with "new rules" for the game.

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2008, 02:56:44 AM »
Good point Setorn, I support that notion (also with an idea point even if it isn't a new one, but it is an important one!!).
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2008, 03:04:09 AM »
The Village/Town

This product would be meant to present a starting location for a new party. It should be large enough to feature almost every profession and even those that are magical. It could tied into Shadow World if that was to become the official gaming world but I'd actually prefer a more generic setting, usable with all the gaming worlds ICE has to offer.
It should work basically like a town sourcebook and offer detailed description of several buildings and people, offering insight into familiy ties and rivalries. In addition it should present outline for adventures and maybe some adventure hooks, and also some locations like an abandoned ruin close to the town but undiscovered yet, maybe a goblin tribe moving into the area and the like.
I think big campaign worlds are good but a really nice, well developed starting location that the characters could also come back to, use as headquarters and may even have adventures in, would be a really nice thing to have.
Village might in fact be too small, but it shouldn't be a huge city as that would put too much emphasis on city adventures, which in my opinion are not the true setting for fantasy gaming (personal feeling here).
This would be similar to Tharbad but smaller in size and more detailed in description.

Don't know whether this is something that fits into the product plans right now, but as we were asked to present our wishes, that's one of mine.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »
Shouldn't be that hard to do a settlement sourcebook. I pretty much did this for some of my towns and cities, overview maps for which are online at http://karnorthe.skaran.net/people/torthe/settlement.html
if anyone wants to look.

A sourcebook similar to the old ones but say Persian Empire, would be interesting too.
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »
Shadow World 7.0
Work something out with Terry and introduce Shadow World as the official game setting for RMC.

Shadow world is a great setting but I fear we need more than one author...

If it's not feasible then we need a brand new setting with ready to run adventures and campaign modules.
This is a smart product because it'll allow you to publish/sell books without having to come up with "new rules" for the game.

I second this idea...Shadowworld n' Terry RULE!!!!
Djivan Yera Ashkali
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline stacktrace

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »
Rogues Law

A book like Combat Companion but dealing with non-combat adventuring skill use that is the realm of Thieves and Rogues.  I would envision this book including details on different traps and ways to defeat them.  Specialized tools and tactics used by this shadier side.  Details and examples of using stealth, spying, ambushing in adventures.  Semi-spell user for each realm that deals with professions that combine stealth and magic, such as Nightblades, Assassins, etc.

Offline Lemche

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2008, 05:38:12 PM »
I would like to see a companion like Pirates, Vikings etc. covering the old Roman Empire.

It should cover the history of the Roman Empire:
  - how it grew
  - how people lived
  - how the socity worked
  - how the wars was fourght.

Also including:
  - Professions like: diplomats, soldiers, centurions, slaves, gladiators, healers etc.
  - New weapons and attack tables.
  - Herbs used at the time

Since the empire covered most of europe and some of Africa it should also include some of the cultures that the empire fourght against (Spanish, German, French and english cultures at the time).

/Lemche

Offline runequester

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2008, 10:27:21 AM »
"Steel and Will"

A supplement to running low/no magic games. Perfect for swordNsorcery style adventures (Conan / Lankhmar) and historical fantasy.
Rules for magic corruption, minor cantrips to replace the regular spells, more professions and options for non magic user characters, campaign advice etc

Offline twh

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Aaarrrgggssshhhh!!!
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2008, 12:19:06 PM »
"Steel and Will"

A supplement to running low/no magic games. Perfect for swordNsorcery style adventures (Conan / Lankhmar) and historical fantasy.
Rules for magic corruption, minor cantrips to replace the regular spells, more professions and options for non magic user characters, campaign advice etc

I like that.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:10 AM »
"Steel and Will"

That would rock!  ;D
Probably it would also be not so difficult to double stat it for RMC/FRP...
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Dhruan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2008, 06:17:36 AM »
"Steel and Will"

I like! I' ve been playing H?rnmaster for the last eight or so years and I really like the low fantasy setting. Magic in H?rnworld is... hard and dangerous. ;) You can get really unexpected results if you fumble (and that is pretty often also the fun part). Always fun to see you brave non caster comrades scurry away from you as soon as you do or utter anything that looks like you are about to cast a spell... 8)
m y  f a i t h  i s  l o v e

Waging a war against the indifference of men.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2008, 03:28:01 PM »
I've been looking over the list of "Things that never saw the light of day".  I think The Celts would have made an awesome book.  The La Tene craftsmen, the Brythons, Welsh, Cornish, Gaels, Gauls, Iberians, etc.....  However, you'd probably need a flow chart to sort out all of their deities.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Dhruan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2008, 02:22:35 AM »
Arcane Companion

It would be so cool to have one concise and definitive book about arcane magic. Now all the spell lists, professions, rules and whatnot are scattered around the various RM2 companions. I do have them all + the RMSS Arcane Companion but something official *and* RMC specific would be preferable.
m y  f a i t h  i s  l o v e

Waging a war against the indifference of men.

Offline friendlyfungus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »
Arcane Companion is a great idea.