Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.  (Read 22994 times)

Offline Sho

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »
Quote from: Rasyr
Finally, Robert Defendi is working on an product called RMFRP: Professions which will release in the fourth quarter. It revisits and re-designs many of the professions in the RM2 companions and completely retools them for RMFRP.

I hadn't read this yet, Tim. It's great, I like very much the idea & hope Robert can bring us a good book. I already have some professions revisited for RMFRP, let's see if they're included in the book (I'll love to see new ones mainly, of course :D).

Good choice. Profession Companion : )
RoleMaster 4life

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »
Supermaster ;)

Really I'd like more support for Black Ops and Pulp Adventures.

Offline Jorik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 07:17:42 AM »
An RMSS/FRP version of Arms Companion.

It should contain little of the original Arms Companion for RM2 -- mostly new material that will streamline combat for RMSS - add all those missing rules and clear up all the obscure ones.
I've been planning to write this one for years - had a few pages written already and everything.
Among the chapters will be
- Extended FAQ for combats with examples and ideas to stream line combat (actual rule changes)
- Mass combat rules similar to the ones in Spacemaster's Vehicle manual but for fantasy units.
- fast NPC creation system
- ready made generic npcs (maybe) - e.g. thug, merchant, inn keeper, healer, etc.
- new weapon styles like the ones in MA Co but less oriently
of course some fighter schools and TPs.
plus the large and super large attack tables from the RM2 arms companion
I had several more ideas for this book - i'll have to check my notes.

I do believe this is the last book that will make the core system perfect - all the stuff about combats that people learned during the years of playing - just put them in a book  :)

Roy.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2007, 06:54:08 PM »
Another thread and a variety of outside influences have me wanting some ready to play out of the box settings and adventures.  As I noted elsewhere, ICE needs a next big thing to get back in stores and doing a new setting and half a dozen adventures each year would go a long way towards this.

The problem is that new settings seldom draw any attention, but if you can announce a complete new game every two years while retaining backwards compatability it might be possible to dispense with the notion of a new edition completely.

The more I think about it the more I think a ten page version of the rules could be fully playable.  A little cramped, but playable.  I'd go to a single page attack and critical table and fixed improvements per level for perhaps four professions.  There'd be a option to learn a few different skills at the expense of improving others, somewhat like the Palladium system.  However the characters would retain RMSS compatability or RMC (sigh) by the simple measure of having fixed stat levels with a fixed total for the developmental stats.  I don't think it would work for both as the differences are too pronounced.  I'll have to try it and see if I can manage the ten pages thing.  Wouldn't want to sacrifice any more than 10% of a setting book to the rules right?

Mechanically, everything would be d% Open Ended for simplicity with opposed rolls instead of resistance rolls.

Even if ICE didn't want to use it, it might be a handy addition to liscenced products like Echoes of Heaven.

Offline Der Graumantel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2007, 07:18:20 AM »
Dark Fantasy Companion

A Book that adds tools for the more Howard like Fantasy, wich seems very popular among I.C.E. fans (just take a look at the campaign world thread).
It should include mean flavourful spell lists (Torture Lore with spells like Coils of the Hydra and so on),new evil mechanics for spell casting (sanity and body corruption and so on), training packages (Sophist, Cultist[non magic] and so on) adolescence skill development tables (Gutterborn, Noble, Babarianbred, Merchantfamily, Slave and so on) and a guide to make your fantasy campaign more sinister.  ;D

Ben
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:33:36 AM by Der Graumantel »
GM does not stand for Gentleman

Offline Globulin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:01 AM »
Of the suggestions above, I'd love to see:
1. Additional background info on Spell lists (creation, use, misuse, etc.)
2. Spell Mastery rules in excruciating detail.
3. Evil Law, hopefully including Undead Law and Demon/Devil Law
4. Guild Law. Including the structure, privileges and responsibilities of membership, requirements for advancement and tests for such, TPs, basically everything you need to run a character that is a member of the organization.

These are listed in reverse order of importance to me.
"Less dice, more rules"

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
2. Spell Mastery rules in excruciating detail.

Have you looked at School of Hard Knocks?  Or do you judge what's in it to cover Spell Mastery as insufficient?

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2008, 04:16:33 AM »
Coming from the "Enviromental Issues" topic (http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=5796.0).
What I would like to see it's a book or even a RM Quarterly regarding all the various enviromental hazards: drowning, quicksands, starvation, fighting on unusual terrain and/or against strong winds, rain, etc...
I think that most rules already exist but they're scattered between many books (Spell Law, SoHK, GM Law), so it would be nice to have them reorganized in a single book/file, wiht maybe a couple of new rules on topics uncovered by existing rules. And it could be probably done statted for both RMFRP and RMC with little or no problem at all...
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »
Coming from the "Enviromental Issues" topic (http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=5796.0).
What I would like to see it's a book or even a RM Quarterly regarding all the various enviromental hazards: drowning, quicksands, starvation, fighting on unusual terrain and/or against strong winds, rain, etc...
I think that most rules already exist but they're scattered between many books (Spell Law, SoHK, GM Law), so it would be nice to have them reorganized in a single book/file, wiht maybe a couple of new rules on topics uncovered by existing rules. And it could be probably done statted for both RMFRP and RMC with little or no problem at all...

I have to say that I agree, this would be excellent.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Dark Mistress

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
I thought of one, though really it is just a new version of one that already exists. But since there is no PDF of it I assume that means ICE doesn't own the old version so a new one could fill that niche.

Black Ops - one that is more up todate with current event. Though i would like one more focused on the military side of things.

Of course this leads to I wouldn't mind seeing set of books that focused on different things. Not stand alone products but ones that use either RMFRP or RMC core rules to let you play them in other genres. Such as the black ops book, another one focused on the wordl of spies, another Pulp Fiction one, perhaps a gothic horror one centered around the 1890's, maybe a western or well there is countless possibilities. I am not sure hoe feasible they might be as far as a cost return, as they might not be popular enough. But I can think of a number of such type books I would personally happily buy. I am terrible at thinking up names for stuff so i am not even going to try. :)
Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.

- Benjamin Franklin

TheShadow

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2008, 10:27:54 PM »
SPELL LAW

Reprint the 3 RMFRP books in one volume. Would be easy for ICE to do...I'd love to have it in one hardcover.

Offline runequester

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »
I dont know if theres a book for this already in the past, but a book covering fantasy warfare would be sweet. Mass combat rules (preferably split into skirmish, field combat and siege), army morale and training, being a leader, motivating troops, the effects of magic and monsters on warfare, roleplaying tips, campaign ideas etc

Throw in rules for establishing, running and ruling a duchy or domain... call it "Lords Law" or something.

The second suggestion I posted on the RMC thread... Steel Law.. a book about sword n sorcery adventuring.. Conan, Leiber, that sort of thing.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2008, 06:53:14 AM »
I dont know if theres a book for this already in the past, but a book covering fantasy warfare would be sweet. Mass combat rules (preferably split into skirmish, field combat and siege), army morale and training, being a leader, motivating troops, the effects of magic and monsters on warfare, roleplaying tips, campaign ideas etc

Throw in rules for establishing, running and ruling a duchy or domain... call it "Lords Law" or something.

Been working on a revised "Warlaw" for Rmss for a couple of years now, been playtesting and honing the skills mix over at RMrpg.com.

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 05:57:26 AM »
Being one of GB's "War Lords" playtesters, I can definatly say that his game rock's!  :wave:
It's a credit to GB with the amount of effort and detail he's putting into developing this game to what it's going to be.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

Been working on a revised "Warlaw" for Rmss for a couple of years now, been playtesting and honing the skills mix over at RMrpg.com.

I can say from the botom of my heart. Thank You!

IMO, it is a wonderful thing to have mass combat rules to add to your fantasy game. You can even have two parts as it was talked about above. 1 part for strait mass cbt rules and the other for rolepaying options. I also remember that R Defindi loved the war suppliment for D&D when he reviewed it and said it taught him a lot.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »
 Another thought aside from War Law would be a product like D&D 3.5's Martial Companion [I think that is the name]. That deals with all things military, some TP's, some spell lists for each realm, new equipment maybe some new rules for healing or disease etc.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Fenrhyl Wulfson

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2008, 07:58:14 AM »
RMFRP annual 2008 Just like the old annuals for RMSS, a compilation of professions, spell lists, talents and flaws, TP with all the costs per profession, races with heigth and weigth charts...

A rewrite of arcane, essence and channeling companion. Right now the RMFRP series of books is incomplete. I don't know if this is possible though.

The concepts in arcane companion were just fine (power at the price of danger) and I sincerely think it would be a fine addition.
Channeling companion would need a lot of modifications (Warlock and Mythic could be replaced by other professions, they are kind of "in the wrong place") but overall the priest was a fine example of excellent game design and divine favour just added the kind of pressure that was needed for channeling spell users.
Essence companion is already published by TGC, so it might not be usefull to write it again. However, it is kind of "disturbing" that a part of the book series is not published by Iron Crown.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 08:12:35 AM by Fenrhyl Wulfson »

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2008, 03:53:41 AM »
Planar Law (The Planes, demons and devils, heaven and hell etc). I sometimes feel like high level RM characters (to me that is level 20+) lack pre-produced content and sourcebooks.

Anyway such a product would cover planar travel, the nature of the universe and the planes, a description of the different planes of existence and peoples, places and monsters in the planes. Spell lists, training packages, skills (?), equipment, magic items.
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2008, 01:43:35 PM »
Item Law.

A book similar to 10' pole where not so common equipment is listed and described what it was used for and who used it.  I think it could be a great resource for any player of any game who plays in a fantasy setting.
My motto:  Go big or Stay Home!
To win without peril is to triumph without glory.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2008, 02:11:22 PM »
Grayaxe,
 I agee in fact I think 3 of them would be great. One for Fantasy, one for Modern and one for Future.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.