Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.  (Read 23237 times)

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
What I would like now is RM 5th Edition, the one that'll fix all the system problems and make everyone happy  ;D

I agree.

But I like the recent trend of calling a new version by a different name rather than just it's edition number; like Standard System and Classic.

I humbly suggest the following: RMSUHFTG!(RoleMaster SuperUltraHyperForceTeamGo!).  It just rolls off the tongue.  ;D

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline Michael Petrea

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »
I would just like to second the request to have Channeling Companion as PDF. 

Other than that, while some of the book ideas listed here are interesting, none of them strike me as must have. 

Offline sulkow82

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The truth is subversive.
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2009, 06:46:21 PM »
"Back in the day" I.C.E. talked about having a "Celtic Companion."  It was supposed to be a guide to giving a campaign an Irish/ Scottish feel.  This unfortunately never came about and then the old company's demise ended that.  I was hoping you could bring new life to the idea.
...formerly known as Kantron.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16:31 PM »
I would just like to second the request to have Channeling Companion as PDF. 

Other than that, while some of the book ideas listed here are interesting, none of them strike me as must have. 

I know that ICE is trying to find the author of the CC and see if they can work a deal for a PDF. But it has been a while so I do not think that there has been any progress on the CC front as I know ICE would not mind selling PDF's or anything people would want to pay $ for.
MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2009, 09:18:19 PM »
"Back in the day" I.C.E. talked about having a "Celtic Companion."  It was supposed to be a guide to giving a campaign an Irish/ Scottish feel.  This unfortunately never came about and then the old company's demise ended that.  I was hoping you could bring new life to the idea.
I think this is also a good idea and would work well with a Rome setting or an Irish/Scottish-England setting. The one hang up is that I think in the past there have been quite a few books on the subject. But then again they were not RM books.
MDC 
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »
No, they weren't RM books.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
But I like the recent trend of calling a new version by a different name rather than just it's edition number; like Standard System and Classic.

I humbly suggest the following: RMSUHFTG!(RoleMaster SuperUltraHyperForceTeamGo!).  It just rolls off the tongue.  ;D

jolt

Or just: Rolemaster Ultra.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline sulkow82

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2009, 04:09:38 AM »
I'm not sure this would qualify as a "new product" but here's a suggestion:
When updates are made to the system which only affect a page or two, then publish a new version of that page with the updates in place.  Those of us who use three-ring binders for our "books" could then print out the updated pages and put them in where they normally would go.   The page number would even be the number and book for where the page is to be placed.  A year in fine print above the page number could be used to keep track if it is the latest version of that page.

Every so often (every few years) or when so many changes have been made that it becomes difficult to manage the changes an updated version of that book could then be published with the changes present.  For those who use binders but don't have regular internet access, this would be a good thing to include in annuals.

- Kantron

Offline sulkow82

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »
Here is your chance to describe one or more products that you would like to see ICE do at some point in the future. ICE is not promising anything here, except to consider suggestions made.

ROLEMASTER LITE
My suggestion is for a magicless version of Rolemaster.  Imagine a book which holds all of the bare essentials for running a game (probably not attack charts though).  Then there would be a second book which is the "extension pack" book.  This contains all of the genre stuff (including attack charts).  Rolemaster Lite would be for historical fiction/ modern campaigns.  This would cover stuff like American Civil War, the World Wars, high see adventures during the 1600s, etc.  In the extension book, there would be rules for cannons, muskets (ie 1600s), gangster cars running moonshine (as appropriate to the era/ genre).  Everyone playing historical fiction (using this package) would be working off the same core book and then just have to buy the extension.

- Darnok

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2009, 05:37:04 PM »
Here is your chance to describe one or more products that you would like to see ICE do at some point in the future. ICE is not promising anything here, except to consider suggestions made.

ROLEMASTER LITE
My suggestion is for a magicless version of Rolemaster.  Imagine a book which holds all of the bare essentials for running a game (probably not attack charts though).  Then there would be a second book which is the "extension pack" book.  This contains all of the genre stuff (including attack charts).  Rolemaster Lite would be for historical fiction/ modern campaigns.  This would cover stuff like American Civil War, the World Wars, high see adventures during the 1600s, etc.  In the extension book, there would be rules for cannons, muskets (ie 1600s), gangster cars running moonshine (as appropriate to the era/ genre).  Everyone playing historical fiction (using this package) would be working off the same core book and then just have to buy the extension.

- Darnok

It does sound good and I can point you in a direction in the mean time.
1) You need the RMSS Basic Book
2) RMSS Pulp Fiction is about the 1920's, does have a crossover for very lite fantasy, pulp fantasy or maybe a CoC feal.
3) RMSS Black Ops is a modern game.
4) RM2 Sea Law for ship era play.
5) RMSS Arms Law Fire Arms for almost all things firearm.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
I would love to do a universal character creation book to go with Ten Million Ways To Die.  I'd call it Ten Million Extraordinary Lives.  The problem is I'd want it as a way to showcase what I believe RM's next edition should be and I don't think ICE's management would go for that.

Keep in mind that I want a very minimally tweaked RMSS...

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »
 I forgot some other RM2 products called  At Rapiers Point, Outlaw, Vikings, Robin Hood and Pirates. There may be some info in there that you can use with RMSS/FRP with only a little manipulation.
BTW, Some of the above books can be found cheaply-ish at some places and at others they can be very pricey so I would look around before you decide to buy.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
Channeling Companion as PDF.

School of hard knocks as well
My motto:  Go big or Stay Home!
To win without peril is to triumph without glory.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »
While the set rules (depending on which set you use) already have rules for reproducing spell effects with magic rituals, this could be a way for someone to create magical effects not governed by spell lists.  Perhaps a person with the right book could perform a ritual with little or no skill in Magic Ritual.
I like FatSteve's idea, this would work well in a low fantasy/historical setting. I will definatly second this idea. The spilling of animal entrails gives me a warm fuzzy feeling  ;D
Lots of this is covered in essence companion.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
Treasure Companion...Again something along the line of the D&D format (the idea is to get these people to play RM and thus support the product). We need treasures that they are familar with, Bags of holding, with actual cost listed (instead of formulas), potions etc. Again make the book friendly to new players. Any experienced RM gm can use the easy stuff also.

Leave my Treasure Companion alone, it has wonderful rules for Alchemy, and tables for items.  The only flaw is that its hard to generate real items randomly.  Besides, even D&D 3.0 had item creation formulas and feats...  No need to scrap a workable item creation system.

i have serious issues withe the cost of things in that book, and the time as well.  Its just not fun. I get a hoard of gold from a Dragons Lair and want an uber weapon, well its gonna cost 250,000 gp and take 4 years to make.  Might as well retire.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2009, 02:19:58 AM »
There needs to be a book covering social skills and interactions, from trading to diplomacy, from making friends across cultural and species lines to how to play a streetwalker. This book would be called the Companion Companion.

It will go nicely on my shelf next to the other book we need on crime, punishment, criminal investigation, court procedures, and governmental structures and functions, Law Law.

Don't confuse the Companion Companion with the SM:P book due out any time now about natural and artificial satellites, Companion Law.

Also, we could use help managing the complexities of extended family structures, marriage and courtship issues, and the subtle workings of family politics, so I'm sure we'd all buy In-Law Law.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2009, 07:55:04 AM »
As stated in other threads.....

We need folks submitting proposals!! We cannot publish it if nobody wants to write it.....

Offline Fenrhyl Wulfson

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »
Also, we could use help managing the complexities of extended family structures, marriage and courtship issues, and the subtle workings of family politics, so I'm sure we'd all buy In-Law Law.

I am currently working on this, economics and law. Basically, culture. Just threw 50 pages worth of material to the trashbin. Starting again from scratch...

And then, I'll have to translate it. I don't want to think about it...

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »
As stated in other threads.....

We need folks submitting proposals!! We cannot publish it if nobody wants to write it.....

Submissions?  How would I submit a proposal or a body or work?  I have an idea, I woud kile to swing it by.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2009, 12:32:56 PM »
Submissions?  How would I submit a proposal or a body or work?  I have an idea, I woud kile to swing it by.

http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=cinfo/write