Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.  (Read 22990 times)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Products I would like to see for RMFRP.
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »
Here is your chance to describe one or more products that you would like to see ICE do at some point in the future. ICE is not promising anything here, except to consider suggestions made.

Use the following format when making a suggestion

Example Product Title/Working Title
Product description paragraph. This can be as detailed or sketchy as you like (though the more detailed the better), but try to keep it to just a single paragraph.

Please do not suggest books that are currently out of print (such as the  Martial Arts Companion or Arcane Companion). Suggesting completely new versions/reworkings of such books would be okay though.

Please keep it to a single suggestion per post as it makes it easier for use to distinguish each separate suggestion that way. Making multiple posts to make multiple suggestions is quite alright.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »
Cool Stuff
Things you always wanted to ask your GM for but were afraid to ask.

Magic items.  Something more than in the Treasure Companion/C&T and a little less than Treasures of Middle Earth.  Hopefully powers could be same as examples given in TC w/o actually infringing upon it. 

This would have been useful as recently we had some character change over and made up 8th level characters and flipped through about 4 books looking for ideas for items.

A rework/re-edit of the TC would be nice but I doubt practical.  Not to mention all the players I know use it already with some modifications and wouldn't be interested in a new version.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:49:19 AM »
Races & Cultures - Faery Races

Presents more in-depth material for the different elvish and perhaps some other faery races. This might include racial Training Packages, Spell Lists, Weapons, Armor etc. Similar to the existing Races & Cultures - Underground Races.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:50:10 AM »
Races & Cultures - Mannish Races

Presents more in-depth material for High Men, Mixed Men, Common Men and perhaps other mannish races. This might include racial Training Packages, Spell Lists, Weapons, Armor etc. Similar to the existing Races & Cultures - Underground Races.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »
RM Presents; "THE PEOPLES"

Each book would cover a "race" of humanoids, with TP, religion, spell list and detailed info.  Really expand the base level of knowledge and detail on barbarians, nomads, urban folk, artic dwellers, etc.

As an alternative, each PEOPLES book could detail a clan, or  kingdom instead, ready to be iserted into any game world.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Spell Law; OPTIONS

New open, closed spell list, perhaps even base list, for all three realms, perhaps even psionics or arcane.  Each list would have a write up on its orgins, potential use and abuse.  A nice chapter clarifying rules and aspects of RM magic would be great too.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 11:26:41 AM »
Spell Law; OPTIONS

Considering the recent thread - you could also have Spell Mastery Law.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
Divine Law

Apply priest model from Channeling Companion to paladins (or champions).
Perhaps list some pantheons & applicable orders.

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »
People I have met

A book with lots of NPCs, detailing stats for different levels as well as giving a short description of background, goals,...

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
Rebirth has never been so easy

A book with templates to make character generation faster and simpler. I envision a system similar to RotG, where you had to choose your profession, and 2 additional templates, added all the skill ranks together and voi la, the character was ready.

BR
Juergen

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 12:54:35 PM »
Heroes & Rogues

A book with NPCs whom you could insert into a story to spice up your campaign.  Each NPC has 3 different "levels" 3, 6. 10 or something.  Perhaps a joint effort w/Terry for Shadow World too.....
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »
Evil Law:
 Playing evil charates and races in RM, and new evil spell lists.

Monster Races
 Playing your favorate monstes as PC or using a level development system.

SCI-Fantasy
 Combining fantasy and sci rule sets.

Undead Law
 More detailed rules for undead. [The problem here is that it may be very setting specific]

Demon/Devil Law
 see note above

RM Offical Campain World
 Name says it all

Training Package Companion
 Offical TP rules and ideas and how to expand and use them in youir game.

Lycanthrope/Vampire conversion from World of Darkness
 Rules for converting White Wolfs info to RM.

PS: I had some time while removing viruses off this computer.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
CITIES.  Books that detail a single generic city, with various govts, religions, business establishments, guilds and all the NPC's that occupy them.  Info on economy, magical training/colleges/masters available, politics, area history, etc.  Add nice maps with good detailed areas of interest, and this would make a product insertable in any game.

lynn

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
MOSTERS; I really do not care about mechanics for playing them, but a book that expands on C&M, adding new beast and races to merge into a game.  Detail means more than number IMO.

lynn

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 03:02:48 PM »
Web-based Tools, perhaps subscription based

Online C&M Database:
Complete database of C&M that will auto-randomize stats as per the C&M rules so that a GM could generate a custom list of Creature stats for a session and print them in one convenient chart.

Character Generator:
Online vault where one can make RM characters.  The available Excel sheets are good, but the ability for people to create and save characters from any computer could be very useful.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 09:19:10 PM »
 Computer Based Combat Tracker:
  Just enter in your monsters and the charters and it prompts you for thier OB/DB's, everything is done for you. [I use my own system but others have asked me for this option.]

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 09:49:04 PM »

Online C&M Database:
Complete database of C&M that will auto-randomize stats as per the C&M rules so that a GM could generate a custom list of Creature stats for a session and print them in one convenient chart.

Funny, I am actually working on a database for Spells and Lists utilizing MySQL and PHP.  While doing so, I had the same idea for C&M.  However, it maybe a while down the road before I complete it.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 02:51:18 AM »

Online C&M Database:

Funny, I am actually working on a database for Spells and Lists utilizing MySQL and PHP.  While doing so, I had the same idea for C&M.  However, it maybe a while down the road before I complete it.

rmfr

Hi,

There was a program called ACG (long time ago) and I did a lot of the work to bring the RMFRP spells into MS Access for it. I still have the whole database. If you want, I can mail it to you (and to everyone else who is interested). But of course there are no spell descriptions....

BR
Juergen

Offline Raf Blutaxt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'm rather axecentric
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 04:39:51 AM »
Guild Law: A book detailing guilds and organisations. Mage guilds, thief guilds, merchant groups etc. There could be examples of such organisations taken from history, new TP's, NPC's and information on the general organisation of such groups.
Before the gods of hell sentence you to die
remember well my friend a warlord never cries.

Offline Raf Blutaxt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'm rather axecentric
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 05:01:21 AM »
Pirate Law:
A book about about ships, pirates and so on. Maybe with conversion rules for RotG. It could include new Professions, TP's, Information about the history of seafaring, magic at sea and the diferences between fantasy and historical pirate games...

I'd really love to see this one...
Before the gods of hell sentence you to die
remember well my friend a warlord never cries.