Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMC.  (Read 25080 times)

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMC.
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
Well, any magic that "fits its world" is obviously OK --in fact, the contrary would obviously not be OK. Truth to be told, even though we all use the RM2/C/X magic system, I've always wondered how many of us "strictly" adhere to it. I know I don't.
A companion about how to fit RM2/C/X magic system to different magical paradigms could be interesting.

Magic Theory Companion? Paradigms of Magic?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:40:28 PM by OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol »
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
A nice set of miniature wargaming rules based in RM would be good. Especially if it included rules for the GM to design the forces of the "nations" in his game world.
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2009, 04:17:09 PM »
that would be War Law.....which can sometimes be found on ebay

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
 War Law is great if you can find it and you can use Armored Assault and Star Strike for space stuff or a modern game.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2009, 01:12:40 AM »
I have War Law and it is not a miniatures game it is basically a board game manual for RM2. You copuld use a miniature to represent a unit but that is not the same as having a unit of say 30 pikemen moving across a table. It does not have sufficient material in it to set up maintain and "grow" a nations forces. For what it is it is quite good but it is not what I would like. Think an intelligent version of Warhammer with good campaign rules tied to the Rolemaster genre.

It is also a long out of print publication and therefore being able to find an odd copy now and again on ebay does not give ICE an income stream and allow them to finance even more projects.

Does anyone remember the old Chivalry & Sorcery game which had rules for both proper miniature wargaming and a paper and pencil abstract system?
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2009, 05:01:57 AM »

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:39:13 AM by Thom @ ICE, Reason: [Dead Link Removed by Admin] »
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »
I just bought an unpunched, unused War Law off of ebay for the initial bid price of $19.99, and free shipping.   No one else bid on it.

Don't ever use prices from one search to determine what these things cost, instead bide your time.    Some time ago I also got the old ICE Hobbit board game for $1.99 - now someone has it in their ebay store for almost $70.   Also got the Lords of the Rings Adventure game box and the two modules all in mint condition for ~$30.   Save a search and just wait, sometimes you'll have to wait months.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »
I just bought an unpunched, unused War Law off of ebay for the initial bid price of $19.99, and free shipping.   No one else bid on it.

Don't ever use prices from one search to determine what these things cost, instead bide your time.    Some time ago I also got the old ICE Hobbit board game for $1.99 - now someone has it in their ebay store for almost $70.   Also got the Lords of the Rings Adventure game box and the two modules all in mint condition for ~$30.   Save a search and just wait, sometimes you'll have to wait months.

This is a very good time to buy. Also there is one store that really jacks up their prices to insane levels.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline kevinmccollum

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2009, 03:41:58 AM »
I had a thought. Instead of PDF versions of RM(anyversion), why not a HTML or Word document that can be altered by each GM. You purchase the "doc" then tailor it a bit to your tastes then print it out for your game group.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »
I had a thought. Instead of PDF versions of RM(anyversion), why not a HTML or Word document that can be altered by each GM. You purchase the "doc" then tailor it a bit to your tastes then print it out for your game group.

That is an interesting idea.... Couple it with something like easyPHP for creating a custom install, and have it setup so that the GM can edit sections, and then have checkboxes for what to include (tables can be done as images, or perhaps built on the fly).

Personally, I think it is an interesting idea -- whether or not the bosses and such would agree, I don't know.  ;D

Offline TomOBedlam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:13 AM »

That is an interesting idea.... Couple it with something like easyPHP for creating a custom install, and have it setup so that the GM can edit sections, and then have checkboxes for what to include (tables can be done as images, or perhaps built on the fly).

Personally, I think it is an interesting idea -- whether or not the bosses and such would agree, I don't know.  ;D
I would go one step further and suggest a Hosted version.
GM login and player login.
GM chooses what rules and options are valid for his world, players can view and print (certain parts at least).
Would be golden for things like professions and spell lists. (How many GMs allow all lists from all companions?)
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
GM chooses what rules and options are valid for his world, players can view and print (certain parts at least).
Would be golden for things like professions and spell lists. (How many GMs allow all lists from all companions?)

Actually, that is part of ICE's plans for a future eventuality.....

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »
You can just print out the stuff you need ;) I cut n paste HARP (only got the PDFs), then print it out. With all the options and combat rules, I picked the ones I like and threw em together in a word document. Then I printed it, and now has a very special edition of HARP ;D

I got Hardcopies of RMC, so instead I got a list which what options apply. Not as fancy but it does the trick.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline TomOBedlam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »

Actually, that is part of ICE's plans for a future eventuality.....

Well, in the list of "Products that would make me consider paying for material I already have", sign me up for one of those :)
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."

Offline TomOBedlam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
You can just print out the stuff you need ;) I cut n paste HARP (only got the PDFs), then print it out. With all the options and combat rules, I picked the ones I like and threw em together in a word document. Then I printed it, and now has a very special edition of HARP ;D

I got Hardcopies of RMC, so instead I got a list which what options apply. Not as fancy but it does the trick.
Yeah, that works, I guess, but what we do (and I imagine most people do) is to just say: Companion I and II are fair game, Comp III is "Ask GM first everything else is off limit.

The option to print your own spell book, or for the GM to have a list of available spell lists (and existing but "secret"), without having to make semi legal photo copies of umpteen companions...

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
A new RMC print product or EA PDF that covers Black Powder weapons including charts , also one for modern weapons up to the current era. I'd prefer not to have to buy RMSS version & convert to either RMC or RMX. Maybe a print product or EA PDF that covers vehicle rules , such as cars , motorcycles , Trains ect.. I'm just too busy to work on  RMC Modern at this time to submit a proposal to ICE. So some one else can do it or something like this instead
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
Black powder weapons would be fun!
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline Fnord

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »
Herbs and Poisons Companion. If possible, with tables sorted by both region AND effect.

Or at least, an EA complementing EA8's Herbalism. With new herbs and poisons of the different classes introduced in EA8. And tables for generating the herbs found when searching (again, sorted by both region and effect)

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »
Race books. One book about elves, then one about dwarves, halflings, etc.

Start with the character races, then move on to monstrous races.
GM'ing RM since 1984