Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMC.  (Read 25084 times)

Offline friendlyfungus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMC.
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »
Lord NPC Chart True

A listing of skills and stats for npcs of every profession, maybe stats for every  level for levels 1 to 20, then every 5 or 10 up to level 100. That would be really useful to me. I like the chart in RMX but it only goes to level 10 and doesn't include the Express Additions professions.

Offline Gladius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
I'm putting my vote in for the "Steel and Will" (great name BTW). I'm running warhammer frp but I prefer RM rules.  Another friend of mine is running Conan (Mongoose D20) but he also prefers RM. I'd want the supplement to include fear, insanity, dark ritual magic etc. I assume a lot of the rules I'm looking for exist in companions and supplements, but it would be good to see them in one book. 
Here's to hoping Harp and Rm merge into one great game.

Offline Bletor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2008, 04:16:55 AM »
RMC gamemaster screen

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »
RMC gamemaster screen
Definitely a GM screen.

I could swore I posted something about this some where else listing that I would Like to see a Screen with MORE than 3 or 4 panels, mabey with extra Flip panel Adding in alot more information.

One of the Panels should Include a Character basic Info tracking section, and the whole Screen should be laminated/plasticized so it can be used with wet or dry Erase markers.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Gladius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:11 AM »
Hackmaster has a great screen whose design might be applicable to RM, since both games have lots o' charts.  I like the idea of being able to use dry erase markers on it too.
Here's to hoping Harp and Rm merge into one great game.

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »
Traders and Guards

A book that gives some details on NPCs of various professions. Somewhat similar to the "Friends and Rivals" by the Guild Companion, however definitely not aiming to present PCs or hero-characters but the simple-folk. Those NPCs you would meet in a herbwoman's hut or in the local grocery store. Maybe the city watch and their methods, ambitions, weaknesses and the local maidens, and what they are looking for in an adventurer. City people and villagers that make the game more interesting.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2008, 03:23:14 PM »
There's a printable RMC GM screen PDF in the dowloads area, , ,if you have cardboard and tape, you're in business. . .not as cool as a purchased board product, but functional.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2008, 12:46:29 AM »
Evolutionary Steps

This would be a book aimed at games running in areas from Medieval to something like the 30s of our timeline. It should provide advice and professions for settings set in this area where magic and maybe industry are both present. Periods of interest could be the 16th to 17th cen. (musketeers and so on), early industry (early 18 and 19 centory) as well as post apocalypic.
My inspiration is games like Arcanum and a book by China Mieville. Please note that it isnt defined settings I am looking for with maps and so on, but general descriptions plus maybe skills, some equipment, professions and even spell lists and period defined Background Options.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:54:57 AM by PiXeL01 »
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Piperdog

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »
GM Screen for RMX! ;)

Offline Crypt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I like to officially parry arrows with my head
    • CryptRL
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2008, 04:46:10 AM »
Products I would like to see for RMC.

hmm.....a scaling version of RMC Spell Law ?
(A big * and flexible one covering every possible heroic fantasy magical effects.
* Harp's spells were spreaded over too much books)

I honestly see no other needed book for RMC.

but this one would be cool too=>
How bout Travelling Companion -- of and relating to all things boats, flying craft, underground travel, extra-planar travel, agencies (ala Navigators), spirit-walking, ethereal travel, rates of speed, encounters, costs, gear, weather effects, etc.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:53:14 AM by Crypt »

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2008, 08:12:53 AM »
Products I would like to see for RMC.

hmm.....a scaling version of RMC Spell Law ?
(A big * and flexible one covering every possible heroic fantasy magical effects.
* Harp's spells were spreaded over too much books)

Here is what others thought of that idea.. http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=6755.0
 ;D

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
In Gamemaster Law RMSS a reference was made in the culture section to possible companions detailing information useful in the creation of cultures. Within that book they were limited to a few paragraphs per section. I think it would be useful to see such a resource or resources published.

While there are of course detailed historical references available on our own past cultures you often have to sift out a lot of information useless to GM's. I read a book on Feudal Japan once and I had to wade through nearly a hundred pages detailing how many koku of rice were produced by the various Tokugawa Shogun's on their lands to get to the main point; that food production was really really important in the political power structure of feudal Japan. It would help to have a resource that contained the information GM's needed to build or detail cultures without all the extra details that are of interest to scholars. Not that that sort of thing isn't good, but I could probably read dozens of scholarly books and not have everything I need for world building. It could be just as useful in fleshing out prebuilt world settings like Shadow World as well.

Gamemaster Law pretty much divided it into Resources, Religion Myth & History, Class Structure, Politics, Military Structure. I would add the creation of realistic institutions, sects, places of worship, places of education, societies etc.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2009, 01:07:18 AM »
We've been playing RMC for a while now and I'm starting to notice what's missing.
  • Campaign law
  • Spell Law vol.2

We have all the old companions and all the RMFRP stuff so we manage but I'm thinking of all the players out there that don't. There is definately room for a new expension with spell lists, call it Spell Law vol.2 or whatever. More base spell lists for the core professions, some open, some closed and introduce Arcane magic.
Throw in a couple on new exciting professions as well and maybe an optional rule or five (something like ritual magic...), there you have it a complete product.  ;D

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29:51 AM »
I would like to see a book that gives some rules and guidelines for variant Spell Casting Systems with some examples.
It could give you ideas on how to do Vancian "Fire & Forget" Magic.
It could give guidelines for "on the fly" created spells.
And several other system types and how to integrate into RMC.
You could call it
The Magic Companion: A Guidebook to Modified Magic
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »
"Steel and Will"

A supplement to running low/no magic games. Perfect for swordNsorcery style adventures (Conan / Lankhmar) and historical fantasy.
Rules for magic corruption, minor cantrips to replace the regular spells, more professions and options for non magic user characters, campaign advice etc

I'd support something like this =) As I love the worlds of RE Howard , KE Wagner (Kane) ,Fritz Lieber , GOR & Thieve's World .
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Bletor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »
I agree with Thurd!
I would like to see on frist
Spell law vol.2
-More lists!
-More customizing options
-More flavour to 3 realms of magic
-Option to custumize more the BASE pure users (cleric trated like the champion in the CC or the mage like warrior mage!)
-Few new professions (maybe the arcanist)
Campaign law

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2009, 04:38:29 AM »
For clerics treated like Champions see in RoCo I.

Books I would like too see:
- The Planes (like this of D&D): spells, travels, entities, spirits, souls...
- Complete Arcane: all about Ley Lines, proto magic, great rituals...
- a book about gods, demons angels and religious orders; quest for immortality, avatar's stats...
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2009, 01:39:53 AM »
I'd like to see a book like Weapon law - Firearms for World War II that had tables and statistics for most tanks, cannons, ships and airplanes used in that theatre. Some simple rules for tank, plane and ship combat would come in handy.  ;D

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2009, 07:50:44 AM »
I would like to see a book that gives some rules and guidelines for variant Spell Casting Systems with some examples.
It could give you ideas on how to do Vancian "Fire & Forget" Magic.

Not that, please.  Anything but Vancian magic.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
I have no problem with Vancian magic if it fits the world.

Though Vancian "magic" should really be called Vancian "psionics".  In the books, "magic" was formed by mentally creating a slightly incomplete energy formula in your mind and you "cast the spell" by completing the formula in your mind.  Even the most powerful magicians (really psychics) could only hold four to five such formulas in their heads at once.  It was called magic because the people who remained on Earth, even the magicians, didn't know any better.  Those who did know had left Earth thousands of years earlier.

Despite all the moaning and groaning about the Vancian system, at one time, there was an official supplement for D&D (the name eludes me) that offered numerous alternate magic systems, including a mana point system, to use and no one wanted them.

In most fantasy games, spell casters outstrip other character types as time goes on regardless of the magic system being used so I don't really understand the Vancian hate other than, "It's the way D&D did it so it must be bad," or, "It's not modern enough" and I don't even know what that means.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein