Author Topic: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.  (Read 22254 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Products I would like to see for RMFRP.
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »
Pirate Law:
A book about about ships, pirates and so on. Maybe with conversion rules for RotG. It could include new Professions, TP's, Information about the history of seafaring, magic at sea and the diferences between fantasy and historical pirate games...

I'd really love to see this one...

Thier is a RM2 book called Pirates and I think it is still easy to get in print.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 10:00:48 AM »
There was a program called ACG (long time ago) and I did a lot of the work to bring the RMFRP spells into MS Access for it. I still have the whole database. If you want, I can mail it to you (and to everyone else who is interested). But of course there are no spell descriptions....

BR
Juergen

Ah - I think I still have that floating around on my computer.  Good program but I found the spreadsheet easier to handle and the printouts were nicer.

I was just comparing this list to the RMC want list.  Many duplicates.  I was wondering if the powers that be were thinking of 'dual statting' such books where possible or were going to keep the suppliment lines separate.

Also just another observation as these remind me of the endless guides that TSR was putting out during its death throes (Wilderness Survival Guide anyone?).  But now we have perhaps an advantage of being able to put out shorter pdf files for less money than forking over $20+ for a 150 page book with 20 pages of decent material in it.

On that note - Thinking actual books or pdf only stuff?
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 10:15:12 AM »
I think a mixture of print & PDF would be cool.  I am a collector of sorts, so the PDF just doesn't do anything for me.  But, if you could get some smaller publishings & expansion material in that format I would be very happy.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »
If you do smaller pieces you can also lump them together with print on demand. So 3 small 50 page PDF's become 1 hardbound.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Cerebus

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Let the game be a game.
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 02:55:11 PM »
RM/X
Heh heh heh.
'No offense intended, but if this one had been posted by Cerebus, we'd need a crowbar to get Cory's teeth unclamped from his jugular...' - LordMiller

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 11:27:47 PM »
ARCANE COMPANION

rmfr

(Is this duplicated?  ???)
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 03:40:01 AM »
Dark Companion(s):
A companion (or a series of comp) detailing "dark" and evil cretures, like:
- Undead
- Demons
- Were-creatures
- Evil casters
- Cthulhoid entities

With infos on each creatures, new rules on corruption and madness, new evil spell lists and maybe rules on how to make "dark" PCs/NPCs(vampires, liches, werewolves...)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 03:45:16 AM »
Sea Law

I would really like to see it redone and converted for RMFRP!
Maybe it could be merged with this one:

Pirate Law:
A book about about ships, pirates and so on. Maybe with conversion rules for RotG. It could include new Professions, TP's, Information about the history of seafaring, magic at sea and the diferences between fantasy and historical pirate games...

I'd really love to see this one...

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 03:48:51 AM »
Stealth Companion

I think someone already suggested it, the "Breaking the Law" we talked about some times ago...

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 03:27:17 PM »
RM/X
Heh heh heh.

<<<<insert sound of Cerebus being smacked about...... lots......>>>>

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »
You hold him Tim and I'll get the melon baller!

Anyhow

Undead Law would be awesome.

A new War Law / Sea Law / Realm Management system would really excite me.  Ideally it would be better suited to miniatures play than WarLaw was.

An official setting is an interesting notion, though with Cyradon, Echoes of Heaven, and Shadow World I'm not so sure it's needed.  Possibly something really unique, but don't ask me what.  I might answer you and that's never a good thing.  "And now a bold new setting from the mind that brought you fish criticals!"

I'd like a super hero and WWII supplement for Weapon Law Firearms.  But really SPAM might be a better basis for them in terms of the skill lists.

For those looking for faster character creation, I'm still thinking about building an Accerator like the one I did for Spacemaster.  It's just there hasn't been much interest expressed.  I don't think a new character creation system quite fits into the realm of RMSS, as RMSS is primarily different from RM2 because of character creation.

Offline Griffonbait

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 02:35:47 AM »
A lot of good ideas here but not worth much to me who, almost always, GMs in Shadow World. Such things as a generic Lore series, Undead, etc. would be interesting to say the least but not very useful as it wouldn't fit into the Shadow World system unless it is specifically written that way which is unlikely as Terry owns that.

This brings to the fore that there is NO official RMFRP campaign world, unlike in HARP you have Gryphon World. Markc is the first in this thread to identify this need. I have seen this asked for over and over again since the introduction of RMSS yet ICE continues to ignore it, except for the fact that they have the makings of it in such publications as R&C.

Once you have an official campaign setup, most of the generic ideas presented here will have meaning and will be of use to a GM, however, those who set up their own world system could easily fit such generic publications into their own system even if there is no official RMFRP campaign world. Personally, I don't have time to create my own campaign world and rely heavily on Terry and WotC plus others.

If an official campaign world is created, then I would certainly be adding it to my list of things to buy, unlike RMC which IMO was a waste of time and effort that could have been spent creating an official RMFRP gaming world. Even my players say RMFRP is better than RM2 and they have only been playing it for 1 year in comparison to 12 yrs RM2; we have almost 100 years combined gaming experience in my small group. Anyway, I shouldn't go off-topic, sorry guys.

Has anyone suggested an RMFRP Miniatures Companion which could bring in how to incorporate miniatures into gaming? If not, then that is my suggestion. I use them a lot and I know others do too, that's why WotC incorporated them heavily into DND3.5, as well as to make money on their miniatures product line, something I don't suggest ICE get into except through partnership.

Keep the ideas flowing guys.

Cheers,
Griffonbait.

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 06:07:13 AM »
Aerial Law.
Describing various air crafts and creatures that can be used in transport and combat situations. Including such technologies as hot air/gas filled ballons, steam driven air ships and perhaps propelled air crafts. Aerial creatures such as griffons, dragons, and ruels for creating breeds of flying beasts for transport and combat. Also guidlines on how such technologies can be adapted to a fantasy game or how to create a steampunk(?) game useing Aerial Law. Include gameing rules for aerial combat with the various kinds of crafts and creatures, plus statistics like velocity, altitude, carrying capacity, construction/training time, minimum crew etc.

Aerial Law is one of the few books that would complete all aspects of RM gaming.

Offline Raf Blutaxt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'm rather axecentric
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »
 The Airships are great...
So what about more genrebooks like Pulp Adventures?

A Steampunk Adventures book comes to mind.

A officially supported game world for is really a great thing and I would probably buy all of it. But how much support Cyradon is getting so far I wonder if another campaign setting would be a good idea.  Maybe it would be a better idea to publish more Cyradon material and dual-stat it for HARP and RM?
I have no experience with HARP so I don't know if this is practical at all.
Before the gods of hell sentence you to die
remember well my friend a warlord never cries.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 06:54:03 AM »
[plug]
At this point I must point out that The Echoes of Heaven is getting full support.

I have artists to feed.
[/plug]
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Raf Blutaxt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'm rather axecentric
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 07:01:05 AM »
[plug]
At this point I must point out that The Echoes of Heaven is getting full support.

I have artists to feed.
[/plug]
Yeah, I know and I've bought all three products and I am actually running the "Moving Shadows" campaign :)
Oh and I really like the setting.
Before the gods of hell sentence you to die
remember well my friend a warlord never cries.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 07:03:52 AM »
Yeah, you're on the happy list.  :)  When my robot army takes over the word, they'll be hard-coded to spare your family.

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 07:14:47 AM »
[plug]

I have artists to feed.
[/plug]
Could always throw a few scraps this way now and then, but I guess the other beasts would tear at my flesh :P ;D 

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »
Yeah, don't feed the artists.  Let me do it for you.  I have special gloves.  :)

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 07:26:05 AM »
Always hungry and never satisfied with bread and water, ;)