Author Topic: Air ships ??  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
Air ships ??
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »
Any rules concerning Air ships in in-print RMC/2/x products ? Any chance of a EA that deals with such magical transportation ? They'll be playing a big part in my setting for RMX.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Air ships ??
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
 I think there is a Shadow World supplement that deals with Air Ships so I would ask that question on that board. I also do not know of any in print rules for RM2/X/C but there are some out of print stuff that can be found such as Sea Law.

As to how you could do it. Use RM2's Sea Law for movement rules that you would have to modify for flying. Have a "magical" substance be required to make the ship fly by any means you want or need for the setting. ie sheets of anti-grav metal forged by a special magical alchemical process.

MDC   
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
If you mean dirigibles (and hot air balloons), then there's an entire chapter in The Construct Companion on creating inventions from clockwork curiousities to steam-powered leviathans and everything in between. You could probably also do a flying ship with the rules but I was trying to duplicate da Vinci's genius not Shadow World.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »

I like using ROCO II's Conveying Ways as a basis for Airships (Diskcraft in my world). From personal craft (1 magician or someone taught the spell) to SHIELD Helicarrier sized vehicles (lots of alchemy, magicians and cash).

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »
The Treasure Companion for RMSS has lots of alchemist lists, I'd have to check and see if flying vessels are on them but IRRC they are.

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
The Treasure Companion for RMSS has lots of alchemist lists, I'd have to check and see if flying vessels are on them but IRRC they are.

They are not.  However, you could build one using the rules from Construct companion...

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:59:45 PM »
How about a flying Zardoz head that spews weapons ? :D

I love the zeppelin style airships too and think that they're a perfect fit.
CC has great rules about it.
Anything from a goblin balloon to Arkanum's air ship; some assembly required.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"