Author Topic: Spell "Leaping" - does it exist?  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Spell "Leaping" - does it exist?
« on: January 31, 2009, 06:05:22 AM »
Hi,

Can it be that in HARP there is no equivalent to the RM "Leaping" spell? I found Landing and Levitation as Unviersal spells, so I wonder whether it really doesn't exist or whether I am just blind.

BR
Juergen

Offline Ainadan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Vertifoam City
Re: Spell "Leaping" - does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:10:38 AM »
Moin J?rgen,

at least within the Core Rules is no such spell. But if You want to allow Your players those jumps You might use the Long Door spell from the Mage Sphere. Just drop the PP down to 2 for the BaseSpell and modify the range as You see fit.

Regards
Tobias
May the Angel of Tarot guide Your way!

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: Spell "Leaping" - does it exist?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »
I haven't created a "Leaping" or "Longjump" spell yet but with CoM it should no problem. A different method might just be to learn the jumping skill and use a "boot ..." spell on the relevant stats or a "Bless" to get a higher result in your manoeuvre.

College of Magics, however, is probably the best solution for this.
As for a simple solution I would use the "Landing" spell as the basis for the spell. According to RM the Longjump spell in its basic form would allow a jump of 6' high and 10' long. Use the 3 PPs as for the Landing spell and add scaling option of +2 per extra 10' in length or 3' in height. As for the ever popular "feet per ranks" scaling option I have to check with CoM as I cannot seem to find a good solution for that just now.That to me seems a sensible solution and working spell cost.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!