Author Topic: Cyradon RMC?  (Read 23832 times)

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
Re: Cyradon RMC?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 05:21:51 PM »
Any chance on an update as to how it is going or what is certain to be in it?!?!?

Or maybe a tentative date it will be available??

Please? ;D
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »
No dates -- every time ICE gives a date, Murphy goes into overdrive to make sure we miss it...  ;D

RM Cyradon is basically going to be something of a mix between RMX and the Cyradon core book. It will have everything (setting-wise) that is in the core Cyradon book, and it will have a variant of RMX rules so that it is a complete game and setting in a single book.

Some examples of the rules content -- we are trying to make RM Cyradon be as close to the HARP Cyradon as possible.

Fast PP Regen -- We will include these rules. This isn't a part of the HARP rules, but we felt that it well matches the tone and nature of Cyradon.

Combat Styles -- Originally, we weren't going to do Combat Styles, but the Cyradon core book contains specific combat styles for Cyradon, so we used Combat Companion to create the styles for RM Cyradon. We will not be including anything extra regarding styles though, only that which is needed to use the styles given. The styles will get their own table of DP costs, and the costs are already figured for each profession (and taking into account whether the melee or missile is your primary or lowest cost).

Races - The races will NOT be the core races from Character Law, nor the races from C&T. These are the Cyradon races, including racial abilities for each race. For example, Humans get Bonus skill ranks (which can be placed in any skill), Skill Specialization (+10 to 2 different skills), and Skill Flexibility (reduce costs of a single skill by 1 point -- i.e. 2/6 becomes 1/5, 2/* becomes 1/*, or 15 becomes 14). Other races get other abilities.

Professions -- We will be including the following professions: Fighter, Rogue, Thief, Warrior Monk, Champion, Elemental Warrior, Venturer, Ranger, Bard, Priest, Mage, and Adept (note: names for these last three MAY change before we are done).

The Priest, Mage, and Adept are Pure Spell Users. When taken, the player must also select a magical school or tradition or in the case of the priest, a religion. These "packages" will give additional background info, as well as change the costs of certain skills AND dictate what spell lists may be chosen as Base Lists for the character.

Talents -- Cyradon includes Talents, so we will have to include talents as well, but the plan is to keep the list small and only allow then during Chargen

There are likely things I have forgotten. There are also likely to be changes between now and the time it is finished as well....

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
 :o
 ;D

I can hardly wait!
It sounds AWESOME!!
 :worthy:
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »
Ummm Rasyr?

I know how Murphy acts, but...
Could you at least let us know if we can expect it this year?
www.strategypage.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 11:53:11 AM »
the original plan was for earlier this summer...

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 12:09:38 PM »
the original plan was for earlier this summer...

Fair enough... thanks!
Do I need to say how anxious I am for it?! :D
www.strategypage.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
Your avatar says it all...  ;D

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »
Your avatar says it all...  ;D
Indeed!
Although my avatar was suppose to go along with my screen name! ;D
www.strategypage.com

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 02:39:46 PM »
Hmmmm....
Any possibility of pre-ordering?
www.strategypage.com

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »
OK
One  Two last questions... ;D

Will the rules only support PC's to level 10?... or perhaps higher?
And will it be complete in one book?

Thanks Rasyr... :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:20:46 PM by Right Wing Wacko, Reason: Another last question... »
www.strategypage.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »
The RMX rules themselves support much higher than 10th level. The only limitation that is inherent in them is that the spell lists only go up to 10th level.

For the RM Cyradon book, that same limitation will be present -- spell lists only to 10th level (the book is going to be very large to begin with). However, this does NOT limit characters to 10th level, only spells.

Also, we already have plans for a Cyradon Grimoire that will contain all of the lists from the RM Cyradon book to 50th level. This needs to be don because RM Cyradon will contain the spell lists from  Combat Companion for those professions, spell lists from Spell Law, and several all new spell lists as well.

So..... by producing a Grimoire that has all of the lists from RM Cyradon to 50th level, that allows purchasers to get the full spell lists without having to purchase multiple books. Thus, between the RM Cyradon book and the Grimoire, you get a full game AND setting that you can play for a long long time.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 03:08:46 AM »
Also, we already have plans for a Cyradon Grimoire that will contain all of the lists from the RM Cyradon book to 50th level. This needs to be don because RM Cyradon will contain the spell lists from  Combat Companion for those professions, spell lists from Spell Law, and several all new spell lists as well.

I'm not sure if I got this right: Cyradon Grimorie (if/when it will be released) should contain:
- lists of Channeling and Essence that you also can find in RMX (to 50th lvl)
- Combat Companion lists
- other Cyradon specific lists (also to 50th lvl)

Right?  ;)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 07:57:59 AM »
Arioch -- The Cyradon Grimoire will contain all of the lists from RM Cyradon to 50th level as the lists in RM Cyradon will only be given to 10th level.

RM Cyradon will contain a combination of lists from Spell Law (from all three realms), Combat Companion, and new lists (like Mage Staff, Major Healing, and a few others). Basically all of the lists needed to play Rolemaster in Cyradon will be in the core book (to 10th level), with the full list in a Grimoire.

Now, it is also likely that the new lists will also be released in issues of Express Additions, so that those who have Spell Law and Combat Companion won't need to purchase the Grimoire just to get the new lists. The Grimoire is mainly for those who don't have the other books, so that they can get the lists all in one single location.

Also...

As I said above, the rules in RM Cyradon are based on RMX -- however, this does not mean that they are identical. For example, we have a list of about 40 skills, not counting the combat skills.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply!
I'm really curious to see how this version of Cyradon will come out!  ;D
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »
I think you have already mentioned that the combat would be of the condensed table type...right?

See, thats the only one thing thats holding me back a bit...

But anyway, this game sounds like absolutely what the doctor ordered...
www.strategypage.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 08:58:16 AM »
I think you have already mentioned that the combat would be of the condensed table type...right?

See, thats the only one thing thats holding me back a bit...

Yes, the same condensed combat system that is in RMX -- this way, everything needed to play is in a single book. I know you have a copy of Arms Law around someplace, so it would be nothing to swap it out for the condensed system.  ;D

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »
Yes, the same condensed combat system that is in RMX -- this way, everything needed to play is in a single book. I know you have a copy of Arms Law around someplace, so it would be nothing to swap it out for the condensed system.  ;D

;D
www.strategypage.com

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42:37 AM »
Actually I'm likely to buy the RM Cyradon when it comes out... It sounds like a good book to get - even though I only play HARP.. :D

(I have played RM previously - 1990-1992 I believe. It was the RM with all the companions - we played up to and including RMC IV).
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
Wow am I excited about this game!
 ;D
www.strategypage.com

Offline SamwiseSeven

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Tim
    • Tim's RPG YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
Wow am I excited about this game!

Hehe, we could tell...  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/samwise7rpg