Author Topic: Cyradon RMC?  (Read 23082 times)

Offline fiolnir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Cyradon RMC?
« on: March 20, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
Anyone have any idea how easy/hard it would be to use Cyradon for Rolemaster Classic?  note: I do not own Cyradon.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Cyradon RMC?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »
In a few months, it will be very easy, as ICE is working on creating  "RM Cyradon".

This will be a full game in a single book. The rules will be based on those found in RMX (expanded by the EAs, and by some new rules/options to make it work more like the HARP Cyradon does), and will be a stand-alone product, just as RMX is.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:49:02 AM »
In a few months, it will be very easy, as ICE is working on creating  "RM Cyradon".

Great news!
Of course I will stick with HARP (I switched after 15+ years of RM2 because I think it is the better system for me) but I hope that this will give Cyradon the attention that it deserves. I also like the idea of a combined Rule/Setting package and RMX is pretty easy expandable to RMC (and with some tweaking even to RMFRP), so it sounds for me like the perfect choice.  :D

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
This sounds very cool!   8)
Akrasia: literally, "bad mixture", the Greek term for the character flaw of incontinence or weakness of the will, the condition in which an agent is unable to perform actions that are known to be right.

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:59:33 PM »

This will be a full game in a single book. The rules will be based on those found in RMX (expanded by the EAs, and by some new rules/options to make it work more like the HARP Cyradon does), and will be a stand-alone product, just as RMX is.

One question about this: If I give one of my extra copies of RMX to a player, tell him/her to make a PC using the RMX rules, will that PC be 100 percent ready for RM Cyradon?   (Assuming, that is, that the PC isn't a halfling.)
Akrasia: literally, "bad mixture", the Greek term for the character flaw of incontinence or weakness of the will, the condition in which an agent is unable to perform actions that are known to be right.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »
Possibly -- Besides, it is your game - if you say it is, then it is...  :)

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 02:18:34 AM »
Possibly -- Besides, it is your game - if you say it is, then it is...  :)

I guess that I'm indirectly asking how far from RMX the rules in RM Cyradon will be.  Also, I'd like to be able to give potential players a version of the rulebook that doesn't include lots of 'secret GM stuff' about the setting (although that's not really a big issue).

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 05:56:52 AM »
The RM Cyradon book will contain all of the setting info in the original Cyradon.

The rules portion has not been written yet, and the follow is the current plan -- which means that it is subject to change depending on how things go (and I dislike giving out info that might change)...

The actual RM rules will be mostly RMX. The skill list will be those in RMX, plus the ones (from RMC) that were introduced in the EAs, plus Diplomacy & Duping (will be in EA7). The current plan also includes using Maneuver in Armor as a single skill option. 40 DPs per levell, not stat based. (we might give humans an extra 5 to offset them not having not having any special abilities like Nightvision)

It is also planned that it will include Culture packages (also in EA7 - but Generic, where the Cyradon Culture packages would be specific -- the plan is that using a Culture package costs 20 DP and they can only be acquired during Adolescence (i.e. a first level character would 80 DPs, or 60 if a Culture is taken).

Included professions have not been finalized yet, but the plan is to have a generic Mage and Priest (i.e. you pick the order they are from and that changes certain skill costs (maybe) and determines spell lists -- the rules for this still have to be written.

Races - The available races will be those from Cyradon, not the standard RMC races. Cyradon elves only live 500 years (are NOT immortal), plus we need to have a viable lizardman (Nagazi), Gnome (Rhona), and Gryphon race (I already did up the Gryx in one EA), and that might mean changing them from their C&T versions -- we don't know yet.

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »
Thanks for the brilliant yet succinct summary, Rasyr!  8)

This looks like a great book!  I cannot wait until I get it!  (Note to self: Must stop ending every sentence with an exclamation mark!)

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »
WOW!!
Yeah, count me as getting that too!!!

Rasyr, how soon will we see it?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:51:55 AM by Right Wing Wacko »
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
Reason I ask is a campaign will be coming to a close soon and if the new Cyradon game will be ready by then, I intend on  starting that. Otherwise I will start a new HARP game...
but I would rather start the new game! It looks to be awesome!! Can't wait!!
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 01:47:20 PM »
We are hoping to release it by mid summer. Key word there being "hoping".

Sometimes things never turn out as planned. ;D

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
I am simply dripping with anticipation!
Oh boy! Does this game look good!!
 ;D
www.strategypage.com

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »
Oooh, Gryphons and size adjusted knockback out of RMC CT using "Additional Knockback Damage" out of RMC AL should be a nasty combination. . .as should CTs "Everycreature Attacks".

Wait, are Gryphons L?
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »
Rasyr,

Will the crit charts be the condensed ones in RME?
I would rather see the more varied charts... ;D

Thanks!
www.strategypage.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
Most likely yes -- but it is something that we can discuss and decide later -- first we have to get the manuscript done (once done, we can replace things like crit tables if we can do so without too much hassle and trouble).

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
OK...Thanks!
www.strategypage.com

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
Well, it is mid-summer...

Any more word on the RM Cyradon game Rasyr?
www.strategypage.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 08:28:59 AM »
It is in progress....   ;D

Unfortunately, real life has a tendency to slow things down....

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »
It is in progress....   ;D

Unfortunately, real life has a tendency to slow things down....

Oh goody!
I will try to wait patiently!!!
 ;D
www.strategypage.com