Author Topic: What is Rolemaster Classic?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Blood axe

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What is Rolemaster Classic?
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:14 PM »
I used to play Rolemaster. Not sure of the edition.  Spell law had a light cover with a demon mage having a vulture attack a guy with an invisibility cloak.
The Campaign law was a dark cover ,had the adventurers gathered around a map one was seated I think.
 Arms law had a fight with a griffin and a guy with an axe.

Any idea on the edition?

Is Rolemaster Classic the same? I can buy hard copies on Drive thru.

Id like to get back into Rolemaster but no sense wasting money if its not what I want.  I could always try to find old copies.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.   

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What is Rolemaster Classic?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 01:14:37 AM »
You were playing Rolemaster, first/second edition (RM2 essentially). Rolemaster Classic is an updated version of this, so it should be quite familiar to you.

There is also a newer edition (RMU) coming out soon (hopefully this year). It makes some significant changes to the game, but should still feel like Rolemaster overall.

You can see a breakdown of the different editions here: https://www.icewebring.com/what-is-rolemaster/
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Blood axe

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 02:19:56 AM »
Thank you I appreciate your help. I was just confused on editions. Im looking to get back in the game, or at least have the books to read over again.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:00:38 AM »
No worries; many, many people.have been confused by the different editions. Welcome back to Rolemaster!

And welcome to the forums!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle