Author Topic: Fantasy Ground for Rolemaster, is anyone else using it?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Fantasy Ground for Rolemaster, is anyone else using it?
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:06:49 AM »
Was about to buy the Fantasy Grounds software to help me run my online rolemaster campaign. 3 players.

is anyone else out there using Fantasy Grounds for RM??
How good is it?
iv looked at a few reviews and have been really impressed.

Offline Chris Seal

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +200/-200
Re: Fantasy Ground for Rolemaster, is anyone else using it?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:12:22 AM »
Hi Druss,

I've been using it for a long time now. It takes a little while to get up to speed with it, but it works very well. I'm happy to run you through the basics if you like (timezones permitting - I'm in the UK so its GMT here) at some point.

I often run a game at FG Con, which is typically held quarterly if you want to try a game before committing as well.

Cheers
Chris

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »
Hi Druss,

I've been using it for a long time now. It takes a little while to get up to speed with it, but it works very well. I'm happy to run you through the basics if you like (timezones permitting - I'm in the UK so its GMT here) at some point.

I often run a game at FG Con, which is typically held quarterly if you want to try a game before committing as well.

Cheers
Chris

hi Chris,
cheers for that. im kinda new to the online gaming world. have started up a skyped rolemaster campaign and im looking for ways to improve it. i know of roll20 and ive participated as a player in two different campaigns (D&D and Gamma World). I was just interested to see if there was something else out there more suited to rolemaster and my campaign.

I was very impressed with the demo stuff for Fantasy Grounds i saw on youtube yesterday. i particularly like the options for live messaging between players and npcs. very cool. i will def be in touch. Im in NZ so timezones could be interesting but im sure we can make something work even if i use you as a sounding board via emails/messages here?

Offline Chris Seal

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +200/-200
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 04:37:42 PM »
Hi Druss,

Heh, I'm from NZ, moved to the UK a couple of years ago - small world :).

Very happy to take any questions etc. I'll PM you my email addy. If you go to the fantasy grounds website, there is an Australian member who runs RMFRP (if I am not mistaken). If you post in the Rolemaster forum over there, I am sure he would be happy to let you sit in on a session or something similar.

Cheers
Chris