Author Topic: RMU Cheat sheets  (Read 1833 times)

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU Cheat sheets
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »
Does anyone know of,or has a RMU cheat sheet? I find running and thumbing through the rule book looking for every last chart,or table to rather aggravating. I find it disrupting to the overall flow of the game when someone at my table tells me what he wants preform and the atmosphere,and ambiance shatters like glass as we thumb through the rules tallying up all the bonues and penalties for actions. Just curious.If someone does that would be AWESOME and I would be grateful.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: RMU Cheat sheets
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
There are several in this thread: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=12507.msg174575#msg174575

I printed them out along with all the other charts etc I expected to need and put them in a binder, rather than using them as a screen. It still saves time flipping between a half dozen pages instead of going through whole books. I also put the most-used ones in the clear outside covers of the binder.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
A good number of the GMs who post here have taken to making their own 3-ring binders with the most frequently used or even the rarely used/difficult to find charts and tables.  A photocopy and some scissors and tape and you can piece together a set of handy, somewhat related charts onto a single 8.5"x11" sheet of paper, then pop that into your binder.

I have a binder with all the new weapon tables and crit tables, MM charts.
One binder with everything needed for PC creation; races, background options, stat gain table, skills from the Companions.
One binder for GM goodies like treasures, poisons, herbs, creatures, etc. 

I didn't photocopy every single page from every single Companion, but I was able to write some notes on my copies to refer back to the full blown description in "RMC-III pg. 36-38", if I needed more info for that topic.

It will be difficult to do with RMU right now since it's still in development and the next Beta is coming out soon.  If it does have additional Companions like the previous incarnations had, then your RMU Cheat Sheet is going to grow.

What makes RM so great is the variety and the options, sadly, that makes it nigh impossible to have just "one cheat sheet."  Unless you used a roll of wallpaper!  ... and I wouldn't trade that for all the Mithril in Shadoworld  :D
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »
Thanks so much!

Offline Mr SITH

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 10:14:40 PM »
Are there any out there, now days?

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 05:50:16 PM »
Given that RMU appears (*) to be on the editorial path, I'd doubt it.  When I ran a RMU group earlier this year, I  (as others suggested here) went the binder route, replacing rules with updates/reconsiderations/removals as needed.  Having access to a copier was helpful, as well as heavy use of scissors.  LOT of work. ;)

(*) Sept/Oct Director's briefings.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad