Author Topic: Natural Healing and sleep  (Read 939 times)

Offline Marc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Natural Healing and sleep
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
For the GMs out there how do you handle natural healing for HP and PP.
Lets say your player sleep for 8 hours. How many do they recover of each?

Do you have modifiers? sleeping outside? in an inn? if they are wearing armor?

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Natural Healing and sleep
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »

For PP, I do 1/8th of their PP total per hour of rest.

For HP, I did 2+(CON bonus/5) HP of ordinary damage per hour of rest.
(basically the HP listed on the Arms Law combat table. The damage taken by critical result (+X damage) or blood loss handled separately.)

I didn't have any modifiers but you could lower the amounts for adverse conditions.

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Natural Healing and sleep
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:28:09 AM »
For HPs, I use the following formula:
(52 x (CON + CON_BONUS)% x (base HP)%) + (3 x (base HP) / (#degres of BodyDev)) + (Prof. bonus_BodyDev x level)

For PPs, it depends... In a nutshell, each character has an affinity with his magical source, depending on his Realm of Power. For instance, for Essence spell users who draw power from the magical energies deposited in living beings, the more surrounded by life they are, the more powerful they are. For Channeling spell casters who draw power from a divine entity, the more attuned they are to their deity, the more powerful they are. For Mentalist spell casters, who draw power from themselves, the more motivated they are in accordance to whatever motivates them in life, the more powerful they are.  (e.g., for one motivated by curiosity, the more his current actions satisfy his curiosity, the more powerful he'd be; for one motivated by personal gain, the more his current actions tend tower making him the richer, the more powerful he'd be). Depending on such a level of affinity, a character may need three complete hours of sleep or, say, thirteen complete hours.

That being said, I don't interpret nor play Realms of Magic the way they are in the RM rules, and, in fact, I completely disagree with how they're managed, so...
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.