Author Topic: CC Style & Maneuvers question  (Read 977 times)

Offline eulerkun

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
CC Style & Maneuvers question
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
Looking at page 74 of CC, guidelines for purchasing Additional Maneuvers in a combat style...

* To learn a new Available Maneuver, the character has to pay a number of DPs equal to the Additional Maneuver Cost for his Base Cost from the Development Point Cost Table times the number of ranks he [currently] has in that style.

Where is this Additional Maneuver Cost entry on the DP Cost Table??  Or am I completely blind???
I live only to be worthy of the corpse I shall leave behind.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: CC Style & Maneuvers question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
Sorry, apparently the wording is slightly confusing... but the process is basically covered in the example at the end of page 74.

If you look at the Maneuver tables on pages 62-63, each has a Cost (basically 1 point per maneuver). If the Maneuver is one normally available to the style, then the cost  of adding it to the style is 1 DP (per rank already known), if it is not normally available, then the cost is 2 DP (per rank already known).

To learn a new maneuver, you first multiply that cost (1 DP or 2 DP, depending on whether the maneuver is normally learnable by the style or not) times the number of ranks you currently have (and note that you cannot have purchased any ranks at this level yet), and you pay THAT DP cost.

This means that you have now learned that maneuver. However, you are not done yet...

The next step is to take that cost (1 or 2 DP) and add it to the total style point value for your style. You then look on the Style DP Costs table and find the NEW DP cost for all future ranks that you want to purchase in the style.

Offline eulerkun

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: CC Style & Maneuvers question
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:33:40 AM »
Gotcha.  The cost is 1 or 2, depending on whether the maneuver is available for the style or not.  Thanks.  Much less confusing.
I live only to be worthy of the corpse I shall leave behind.