Author Topic: What is the "reloading penalty?"  (Read 2668 times)

Offline ioticus

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What is the "reloading penalty?"
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:08:48 PM »
What is the "reloading penalty" listed on the offensive modifications chart on page 17 of RMC Arms Law?  I can't find what these penalties anywhere in the rules.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What is the "reloading penalty?"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »
Arms Law Classic, Pages 25 and 26.  (The "reloading penalty" depends on activity percentages.)
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline ioticus

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
I don't see anything about a "reloading penalty" reducing OB on any of those pages.  I only see how long it take to reload missile weapons as an activity percentage on the activity percentage table. 

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:34:21 PM »
One thing to realize is that the majority of RMC was written around 30 years ago or so. RMC did not change a whole in the reorganization even though some things did change. And that table was one of the things that did not really change.

It is possible that it was put in there for an option that was in another product.

For example, in RMX and in Express Additions #4 there are options (basically the same option) called Rapid Load & Fire, which DOES give a modifier to OB for reloading.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:12:35 AM »
We lost some posts yesterday... including the one where ioticus asks what TWC from the Activity Percentage Table in RMC Arms Law meant.

TWC == Two Weapon Combat or Two Weapon Combo -- and it basically refers to fighting with a weapon in each hand, and getting 2 attack rolls each round

ioticus -- on page 19 of RMC Arms Law, you will be able to find the rules/guidelines for using 2 One-Handed Weapons at the same time. Read through those and I will try to answer any more questions that you have.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:19:57 AM »
I'll give it an other try
Reload Longbow 80%
Fire missile weapon 50%
Total 130%

A quick fix is just saying Reload and fire 100% with a 30 OB penalty.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »
thrud -- the Rapid Load & Fire option from Express Additions #4 is actually a little better than that. For example, reloading/firing the longbow in a single round is given as a 90% activity and applies only a -25 to the OB of the shot.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:18 AM »
Haha, ok.
Fair enough.