Author Topic: Cyradon RMC?  (Read 24225 times)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Cyradon RMC?
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
More likely to be "Look what the Easter bunny got me!"...

Well, hopefully it won't be that long.

But don't despair... it will be worth the wait...

That does seem to be the consenus among the playtesters.  ;D

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
to whet the appetite a little bit...

In an earlier post, I attached an image of one of the attack tables. Here is it again, along with an image of part of the weapon statistics table

Next up is an image of one of the pages from the magic chapter (this is from the playtester's PDF, so it includes some markup text about the tables to be inserted, even though the tables are there). It shows 3 different Folios for mages and mentats from Cyradon.

And the last image shows the professional level bonuses for some of the professions.

Offline vilor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »
Thanks again Rasyr for the previews :)

So hopefully between now and Easter for the finished product? Sounds good......the sooner the better! Will there be a 'first draft' release like there was with Combat Companion in pdf form perhaps? (without the cover art, etc) - it's a good way to pick up some typos and errata ;D

Another question I have is about the Grimoire you've mentioned - how is this product progressing and will it be ready for release shortly after RM Cyradon?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
So hopefully between now and Easter for the finished product? Sounds good......the sooner the better! Will there be a 'first draft' release like there was with Combat Companion in pdf form perhaps? (without the cover art, etc) - it's a good way to pick up some typos and errata ;D

Could be sooner if ICE gets the permission to proceed soon. And yes, there is a possibility of a beta (essentially, the playtester copy) while the final version is pagemade. Note that I said possibility, as I am not the one to make that sort of decision.

Another question I have is about the Grimoire you've mentioned - how is this product progressing and will it be ready for release shortly after RM Cyradon?

Well, actually haven't started working on it yet, but then again, it would not take long at all to get completed. Most of the material would come from Spell Law (the primary audience for RM Cyradon is those who have not played RM before, so that will shape things a bit), with the spell lists being updated (i.e. blanks filled in like in RMFRP).

The whole purpose of the Grimoire is to have the full spell lists (to 50th level) available in one place (again, this is based on the idea that our primary audience will be folks who had not played RM before, and thus we don't want to force them to purchase multiple products to get the full lists). It is a convenience product for folks, not a "new and exciting" product.  ;D

Offline vilor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2009, 05:19:40 PM »
Great news! Here's hoping you get permission to proceed soon..........and as I think I've said before, as soon as the order's up on the website for the pdf my money will be (well) spent!

The Grimoire sounds essentially everything I hoped it to be, as I never could really understand why Spell Law was re-released for RM Classic without incorporating the additions in the blanks that RMFRP had. So whilst it may not be 'new' it is certainly exciting to have those lists re-balanced, and in one place, as well as the few new additional lists. It shouldn't take too long to get completed either, as most of the groundwork has already been done, as you say. If you need any more proofreaders let me know ;D

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2009, 06:29:04 PM »
Just to be clear - the Grimoire will not contain every single spell list from Spell Law. For example, the closed channeling healing lists and the Healer and Lay Healer spell lists will not be included. Nor does it include the Life Mastery list (lifegiving is EXTREMELY uncommon!!).

However, chances are that we will add a few more Open and Closed Spell lists, and with the upcoming Essence Companion Conversion, we could possibly add a few of those as well.  ;D Key word there is "possibly" since we don't know for sure yet.

Here are three images that show all of the spell lists that will be included in RM Cyradon. Most are from Spell Law. Some are from RoCo I (some with slight changes, such as Stone Mastery now having a spell that summons stones to be used in other spells on the list), as well as the lists released through several issues of Express Additions.. and the spell lists from the Combat Companion.

Offline vilor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »
Thanks again for these previews.  :) While I'm not surprised about some of the lists not being included the absence of the some of the healing lists is a bit of a surprise, as it had been said that healing is ability is relatively common (and I see that a lot of the folios include Concussion's Ways), but then there is the Major Healing list which does nicely bring a lot of that ability into one list!

Another question that I've thought about is how spells are learnt - I'm guessing that the individual spell acquisition option (max 3 ranks/level, develop 5 lists max/level, cost of 2/2/2) will be used and if so are base list spells any easier to learn like they were in RMFRP (where they were cheaper to develop than Open/Closed lists)?

Really please to see Druidstaff and Stone Mastery though - two of my favourite lists (My most recent Character is a Druid) ;D

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
Another question that I've thought about is how spells are learnt - I'm guessing that the individual spell acquisition option (max 3 ranks/level, develop 5 lists max/level, cost of 2/2/2) will be used

Yes, same as in RMX.

and if so are base list spells any easier to learn like they were in RMFRP (where they were cheaper to develop than Open/Closed lists)?

No, the costs are the same, however, there are maximum limits to which Open and Closed spells may be learned.

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
So...what's up? Any news  ?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
No news yet. Sorry...

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »
 :'(

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »
Bah and here I checked because I thought you posted because there was some news :/

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
We are all waiting for news boys...
give it some more time...
 :-*
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:14 AM »
OK so now it has gone "some more time".....

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2010, 05:13:29 AM »
Okay, things are moving forward again. 

Perhaps not as quickly as some of you guys might like, but it is moving forward again.

Offline vilor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2010, 04:01:54 AM »
Well I guess it is looking like not before the Easter Bunny arrives :(

Any update?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2010, 05:40:34 AM »
Sorry, apparently not before Easter, but things ARE progressing..

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2010, 01:10:39 AM »
What formats will there be ? (don't know if i got that sentence right but hey I'm Swedish  ;)) softback, hardback, leather ?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2010, 07:45:18 AM »
PDF and softback for sure. Most likely hardback as well. Not sure about others.

Offline AbleKain

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2010, 02:57:36 AM »
So Easter is passing by....any news ?