Author Topic: Creatures & Treasures Cover  (Read 6885 times)

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
Re: Creatures & Treasures Cover
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 02:00:16 AM »
Akrasia we are like minded about the indents. But ICE know my views on this so I wont be repeating myself.

So perhaps a rethink of the cover may be an idea, rather than using the art just because it's amazing, another doorway/arch would make the books a set rather than have C&T look like a separate work.

and can we have some crackers with our wine and cheese please ;)

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 06:30:43 AM »
Why not a dorway/arch with a dragon peaking through it? You only see the dragon's eye...

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 06:59:12 AM »
I like the cover, very funny!  :D

So perhaps a rethink of the cover may be an idea, rather than using the art just because it's amazing, another doorway/arch would make the books a set rather than have C&T look like a separate work.

True, this cover looks very different from the other three... maybe we could have the dragon stomping over a ruined arch?
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline GoblynByte

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »
One of the (minor) reason I never bought any of the RMFRP books is because not only do they have a different cover theme from the RMSS books but they often have different cover themes from other RMFRP books.  They may be very good books that would lend well to my RMSS collection, but my near OCD-like brain prevents me from buying them. ;)

Sticking with a visual theme for connecting books is a big thing for me.  Aint it funny what will turn you off of a book or even an entire game line?  It may have nothing to do with the quality of the game itself, but it can put a bad taste in your mouth.  I thought the cover for Loot: A Field Guide was a good picture, but it grinds on me as it is a comical break in an otherwise serious line of covers.  I own the book, though, and I think its valuable.  So go figure.  ;D
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
--Stephen Crain

Offline Crypt

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I like to officially parry arrows with my head
    • CryptRL
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »
I like this funny cover :)

And this is a very good illustration of the RM rules compared to D&D's.

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 06:06:53 PM »
Yes, this cover has a different esthetic.

But look at the cover of RMC Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law.

Iconic, selfconfident, strong, heroic.
Just the way the players imagine their own character.

And then reality happens ---- "a dragon ...  run !"
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »
I thought the dynamics of the dragon chasing the bunch of them seemed to capture the essence of people in flight from a superior menace that could actually vivisect you with one claw.  That is assuming said dragon is keeping its claws filed and it has a dragonling to protect from a bunch of inbred adventurers who get their kicks on slaying dragons with d20s.

Other than that, the use of color was really quite brilliant given it was a cave setting.  You could see the fine interplays of hues and shadow to bring the world of RM to life.  Of course, at least the Dragon is less of a dire threat than, say, a six mile wide, 10,000 feet thick mountain from Outerspace hitting the oceans with such an impact that it would cause a huge ripple effect.  And then an extinction event.  Or at best, a Supervolcano decides to erupt.  Either way, our intrepid trio is better off fleeing from said dragon.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541