Author Topic: RMC vs RMFRP: Bladeturn (Poll)  (Read 6446 times)

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
Re: RMC vs RMFRP: Bladeturn (Poll)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 06:52:11 AM »
In the RMSS Spell Law I have (lying around somewhere in misuse) all Bladeturns are 50 and Deflections are 100. I remember being puzzled by this, since I essencially bought the book to replace or support the RM2 one which was in disrepear
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 02:36:01 AM »
Which list?  Bladeturn is on about 6.  Some list 50, there is at least one that only has 20.  I am thinking the mageant base list one.  Will have to check tonight.

PS - in the errata pdf, it lists that it should be -50 on the open mentalism attack avoidance list.

It is "same as Deflect I" on attack avoidance. It is -50 on Shield Mastery. To my knowledge bladeturn is not included in any other list in spell law.
/Pa Staav

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
could always make it scaleable based on casting level, but 100 is ok by me.

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline Pit Ote

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 02:13:28 PM »
I play RM2 but use many lists in RMSS. Even then I keep -100 as in RM2.
.....unbalanced ......overpowered ......chaotic ......

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 10:48:20 AM »
It is "same as Deflect I" on attack avoidance. It is -50 on Shield Mastery. To my knowledge bladeturn is not included in any other list in spell law.

Finally got around to this.   That was it and Deflect I is -100.  I remember getting into a big discussion with the GM on that one.  He simply said 'Bladeturn was always -100 and I am not going to change it'.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Sirius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »
While I voted for #1 (RM2/-100), we actually use RMSS in most of our campaigns, but retain the -100 for Bladeturn.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Sirius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
I think that the -100 is good, as it is a one shot deal.  The defensive spells with a duration balance out well because they have a lower numerical effect on a character's defensive bonus.

Plus, using it a lot drains spell points fast...
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Ravenheart

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 05:06:55 AM »
I use both versions in our game world. Our Witch has a new -50 version, while some other characters (semi-spell users) got the older version of the list, providing -100. The thing is, Witch version gives -50% (halves) the OB of the attacker while -100 is just a plain -100.

Works fine for us.