Author Topic: May you Have a Great Weekend!  (Read 2351 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
May you Have a Great Weekend!
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:27 AM »
Well, it's late night Friday night for me! I've just written and submitted three filler items for the Guild Companion, I'm about to finish a lovely cold cup of green tea then go read John Gawsworth's biography of Arthur Machen, and then to sleep.

Already the weekend is haping up to be fine; tomorrow I plan on travelling to Brisbane to attend and participate in a poetry reading, and Sunday shall see me do a load of washing and other cleaning tasks in the morning, followed by work on something RPG related for the rest of the day (and into the night).

All in all a wonderful weekend!

So I hope that you too may have a great weekend, with (hopefully) at least one gaming session to relax with. Feel free to talk all about it here, as well.

Ciao!

Phillip
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
Re: May you Have a Great Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 08:47:11 AM »
Ho, I'm just beginning my day!

I will have a weekend full of gaming stuff too: finishing proofreading CoM (HARP), going to my RPG club this evening to play Battles of Westeros, Saturday evening for another boardgame (to be determined yet), and again Sunday evening.

If I need to change my mind, I have always some hand sewing to do. Presently, my main sewing projects are a banner of the Principalty of Tir Mara for my SCA local group and a dress to wear when going to activities with that same group.

I have a 3-day weekend because there is a national holiday this Monday. You can choose to celebrate Canada day or moving day (Quebec). :D Besides, I'm helping friends moving that day.  ;D
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
 Yes here in the States we are getting close to the 4th of July (Our Independence Day) and people often take vacation around that date to get the extra days off and often not a lot of stuff in happening.
 I am looking forward to gaming on Sat as my house guests stayed 9 days longer than planed do to auto troubles. So I plan on today and tonight to do some cleaning, do some editing on CoM and prepping for our game Sat night. We are also prepping for a heat wave here in Portland so I am defiantly not bored in Boring, OR.
MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline intothatdarkness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »
Working on game-related stuff mostly, I expect, followed by some normal writing and a bit of reading. I've got both rules and a setting to work out (more modifying the setting to work with the rules I'm doing), along with some other bits and bobs that go with that kind of work. Nothing too exciting, but then again I tend to prefer my weekends quiet.
Darn that salt pork!

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 12:25:50 PM »
I'm turning the big 40 this weekend..ill be imbibing vodka and hopefully working on some RMU (but not necessarily at the same time) 

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 01:07:54 PM »
I'm turning the big 40 this weekend..ill be imbibing vodka and hopefully working on some RMU (but not necessarily at the same time)
Why you young whipper-snapper! I remember those days......way back in 2006. (He, he.) But, anyway,, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I am getting ready to meet (almost spelled that "meat", not sure what that means) a possible new gaming companion later today, and got to still do some prep work on both house and game for my HARP game this Saturday night.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
Happy birthday Matt!! :)

I'm only 8 months ahead of you ;)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
Yes Happy B-Day Matt.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:39 PM »
Happy birthday Matt!

I'm trying to get over this head cold I have. Might play some Assassins Creed, do some doodling in my sketchbook and generally be lazy before Monday comes knocking.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »
Happy birthday, Matt!

The poetry reading went well. Normally I get there and there's a box of poetry books & cds, three for ten dollars, but since there wasn't any there I donated $175 towards running costs, and was given a gift (a cd by one of the features, a musician). And I had a great time, managing three bowls of stew for dinner, before reading a bit then lights out. :)
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
thanks for the bday wishes.   had a good time = BBQ+pool+nothunderstorm+mojitos+friends.

Dragging my feet this morning here at work.  At least it's just a 3-day work-week!

Offline KacyCrawford

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
Make sure you spend some quality time with friends and family !!