Author Topic: Supernatural [01/223/2013] vs. The Big Bang Theory [01/10/2013]  (Read 3298 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Supernatural [01/223/2013] vs. The Big Bang Theory [01/10/2013]
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »
Let me preface this by saying that I generally like both shows, so there really is not bias coming in on that regards. (Not that I am completely unbiased, as that is impossible.)

OK, last night's episode of Supernatural was a fun episode, the kind I like the best. (Over the uber-dramatic ones.) Also, the geek culture was handled in that one much better than a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory (the one where the guys get dressed up in Star Trek uniforms for a convention and the girls "dabble" in geek culture by reading a comic book and then arguing over it as much as the guys do), where the characters themselves accepted the bigotry as if they deserved it. As if being a geek/nerd was a bad thing. (Which it is not, btw.)

Spoilers:
(click to show/hide)

That is how they should have gone with the BBT episode; the bigots being forced to recognize their inner geekitude and realizing that demonizing geeks/nerds is wrong. (Because it is.)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Re: Supernatural [01/223/2013] vs. The Big Bang Theory [01/10/2013]
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
Or, as I like to say:

We've pi
and scifi:
we're nerds;
get over it! :)