Author Topic: Ways to Promote Rolemaster  (Read 1883 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Ways to Promote Rolemaster
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:56:47 PM »
G'day from Australia!

The idea for this thread arose out of discussions elsewhere on the board, and I thought it would be a good place to brainstorm ways of promoting Rolemaster as players and GMs. For example:

* we could set up demonstration games at gaming stores, college/university gaming society meetings, local conventions, etcetera;
* we could wear T-shirts which can pique interest in those who see it;
* we could create local fanzines, to be distributed via gaming shops, for example;
* if we have contacts in the local free press, or the local newspaper, and if we can contribute a column, then a series of pieces introducing gaming, with RM as the chief example, might help;
* making reviews (written, audio, video, etcetera) on blogs, YouTube channels, and other sites both online and offline; and
* chatting with our fellow gamers and PCs.

All these are obvious to me, and I'm sure we can imagine and brainstorm other ideas. How could you help promote RM?
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline John @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Ways to Promote Rolemaster
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
G'day Mate!

all solid ideas!  As always, it takes individual fans in our community to spread the world like evangelist clerics of the Gawd of Games! 

How ICE can help:

1) we are going to set up shortly with cafe press, so you will be able to buy all sorts of t-shirts, caps, bags, mugs and mousepads, etc. with ICE logos.

2) we have free product - if you are running a game at a game day or convention we can get you stuff for giveaway - not sure about australia though - the shipping cost may be more than the product!  ;)

3) feel free to use the newly-being-published newsletter from Colin our Marketing Wizard, or Nicholas's director briefing as fodder for local press!

Heavy is the head that wears the Iron Crown

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
John,

I have an agreement with Hippocampus Press: for the cost of the postage from the US to Australia, I get a copy of each latest release, due to a special standing order I paid US $1K for. Perhaps, once I start getting games going at cons and game days here, we could talk about a similar arrangement?

Please keep us updated about the newsletter & the Cafe Press!

ciao

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
G'day Mate!

all solid ideas!  As always, it takes individual fans in our community to spread the world like evangelist clerics of the Gawd of Games! 

How ICE can help:

1) we are going to set up shortly with cafe press, so you will be able to buy all sorts of t-shirts, caps, bags, mugs and mousepads, etc. with ICE logos.

2) we have free product - if you are running a game at a game day or convention we can get you stuff for giveaway - not sure about australia though - the shipping cost may be more than the product!  ;)

3) feel free to use the newly-being-published newsletter from Colin our Marketing Wizard, or Nicholas's director briefing as fodder for local press!

Anything you could provide that I could pass on to local gaming stores (Sydney, Australia) for them to advertise your product would be great. Our local owner is a good guy who likes to support the industry, and there's also about 3 other major go-to game stores around Sydney which organise regular in-store gaming days/nights (not RM of course). I'd be happy to try to get your advertising in these stores, but can't guarantee anything. Posters would be ideal. I'd send you the pics after they're in place.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 12:47:46 AM »
I'm a couple of hours away from brisbane, where there is at least one gaming store. I could get in contact with them and ask about organising events during the day, maybe monthly.