Author Topic: Nanoing RPGs  (Read 5537 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Re: Nanoing RPGs
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
I like what I've read: you've gone straight into the action, and there is no grating infodumps here. The use of dialogue is skilled, and I have yet to pick up any flaws in it, and the central premise is intriguing. In short, I want to read more, and that's a hard thing for most genre books, nowadays, since I've basically glutted on them for some time.
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
If you check out my page, I have chapter 1 of my story posted (which reads like a short story as its more of a setting setter)

Re-posted for ease of copying:

Shadow over Headquarters: inspired by Shades of Darkness

I hope you do not mind by I copied and pasted it into a Word Doc for my easy reading. If this is not ok let me know and I will get rid of it ASAP.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline chippermonks

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 04:29:43 AM »
I like what I've read: you've gone straight into the action, and there is no grating infodumps here. The use of dialogue is skilled, and I have yet to pick up any flaws in it, and the central premise is intriguing. In short, I want to read more, and that's a hard thing for most genre books, nowadays, since I've basically glutted on them for some time.

Well thank you, like I said its a rough draft, so thinks may still change here and there. 5 more days till the deadline and here I am trying to distract myself in anyway possible! I've got a good chunk of words left to go :/

If you check out my page, I have chapter 1 of my story posted (which reads like a short story as its more of a setting setter)

Re-posted for ease of copying:

Shadow over Headquarters: inspired by Shades of Darkness

I hope you do not mind by I copied and pasted it into a Word Doc for my easy reading. If this is not ok let me know and I will get rid of it ASAP.
MDC

I don't mind at all.