Author Topic: Query: encounter tables by region/culture  (Read 2622 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Query: encounter tables by region/culture
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:12:00 AM »
G'day!

As part of a new bestiary for RMFRP and HARP, I am going to include a section of tables for encounters based on regions and/or cultures.

To explain: the earth can be divided into several large, loose regions where certain animals appear in certain regions, and nowhere else, whereas others are found over many others. Think of the way that kangaroos are naturally found in Australia, for example, and not in North America.

Now, what I was thinking is this: rather than just have the tables in the book, would you like to see the tables for C&T beasties, formatted for a number of the regions and cultures that might commonly occur? Such as Europe/Mixed Forest, for example, or Alps/Upland Meadows, and so forth? To what extent would it be something that you'd find useful? How interested in this idea are you as a game aid? And so on.
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
Re: Query: encounter tables by region/culture
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
Id like to see this doe for the regions in Cyradon.

So, Hot Dry desert is a priority as is the region/s that the awakened land/s are.

So if the northern part of the desert is "reclaimed" via the PC's own use of several pounds of the magical gem(Ive forgotten the name of it.  :-[ ) in the Sea.

Oh, and yes Water environment is good too (for water and sea encounters!)

Anyone else?
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: Query: encounter tables by region/culture
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:10:40 AM »
If you use the real world, there are already plenty of references for what species are/were native where. For an imaginary world, it's up the GM to decide if the continent of Dythia has kangaroos and elephants and armadillos coexisting or not. This kind of information belongs in world settings, and I've no interest in buying a canned setting, so I would regard that as useless pages.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.