Author Topic: Director's Briefing - April 2023  (Read 1265 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - April 2023
« on: April 12, 2023, 12:36:11 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-forty-first Briefing and fourth scheduled Briefing of 2023. Yes, I did watch the new Dungeon & Dragons movie and thought it was a good fun movie making effective use of the Faerun setting and rules elements. One of my family asked me if the script had been adapted from a real campaign!

Dragonmeet

The Dragonmeet organisers have been able to finalise the 2023 convention. The date is Saturday 2nd December 2023, the location is Novotel Hammersmith for what they expect to be one last time (before it moves to a bigger venue). Trade bookings went live on 31 March and I have already purchased our stand.

RMU

As many of you will know, Core Law made it through the LightningSource checks and is now available through DriveThruRPG in both softcover and hardcover formats. Colin has been collecting email addresses from customers who were early adopters of the pdf and sending them the discount codes for print copies.

I am going to use the DriveThru mechanism to send out the discount coupons to people who have purchased the pdf to catch some more early adopters. I will send this at the weekend so if you have not set your DriveThru communications preferences to receive publisher emails, please do so.
Note that you can use the discount coupon to buy more than one copy if you so wish and, unless inflation goes rampant on print costs, the price will stay locked on these.

Please also keep reporting any errata you find in Spell Law so that we can collate these and make an update ahead of its print editions. The target is to ensure that we have Spell Law available in print for sale at Gen Con 2023.

ERA for Rolemaster

Max has been busy working on ERA, and the ERA for RMU Spell Law dataset is now available on DriveThru. Whenever RMU Spell Law is updated, any changes will be propagated to the ERA dataset.

HARP
I have checked through the proposed corrections to the HARP Subterfuge sourcebook so it has now been sent to Nick for him to implement the corrections into the layout and progress to an updated pdf and print masters.

I will be undertaking a full editing pass on The Tales from the Banecroft adventure module as the next manuscript in the queue demanding my attention.

Until next time
Please stay safe and keep gaming.
Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - April 2023
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 04:54:33 AM »
Are the discount codes allready sent? I changed my DriveThruRPG communications preferences on last thursday an haven't got mail..

Offline 5th Knight of Xar

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 10:43:37 AM »
Are the discount codes allready sent? I changed my DriveThruRPG communications preferences on last thursday an haven't got mail..
Contact Colin @ ICE directly to the codes

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 02:37:06 PM »
I received mine just now. I don't know how long it normally takes the system to send them.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 03:09:26 PM »
My discount code arrived through DriverThruRPG today, but I had earlier gotten the code from Colin since I was impatient to make my order.

It could be worth knowing that DriverThruRPG listed 5-15 workdays when I made my order, but it seems five days does not happen in practice since the order has been in the state printer has acknowledged the order for about a week now. I am wondering if shipping is included in the 5-15 days estimate or if that is added on top. Time will tell.
/Pa Staav

Offline nash

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 03:12:28 PM »
Mine took 9 days from when I ordered, or 8 days since 'printer acknowledged' order.

Shipping was another week (out for delivery today apparently).

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 02:40:45 PM »
I received my order today. The weirdest thing is that I had two books in my order, and parcel tracking shows they were sent to Europe by different routes (in fact different countries if the tracking information is to be trusted), but when I got the books, they had been combined into a single parcel.
/Pa Staav