Author Topic: MERP Assistant  (Read 1231 times)

Offline i20

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
MERP Assistant
« on: September 11, 2022, 04:45:23 PM »
Hi, I made an app a few years ago. It's an helper for the Middle Earth RP, running on android and desktop.
It allows for skipping a lot of search through the books, pretty much every mechanism is included excepted the static actions and critics, and the treasure generator.
Dices are still necessary, I tested that and was able to play high with my family (as the game master).
Get the app on the playstore by entering MERP Assistant, or at https://github.com/e2002e/jrtm (look for the "releases" button) in case you want the desktop application ; if you don't have linux, then you'll have to follow the guideline on the readme to get the executable.
Note this is only translated to french / english.
All the best.
Yvain.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: MERP Assistant
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 03:01:03 AM »
Nice work,Yvain.

Can you share any screenshots, just to make it safer for others to see it in action without trusting a link at first?

Offline i20

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 09:07:51 AM »
Hi, There are screenshots on the playstore's version. Don't be afraid to play around with the app to understand it.
Basically you set all the parameters and input the dices casts, then press the button that corresponds to the action like "attack" or "resistance draw".
There are tabs for each main features. About the link, github.com is a trusted site, but you'r right to no take only words for a fact, github doesn't scan for viruses, google does.
The point is that github is not a fishing site.

Offline i20

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 03:59:15 AM »
I'm making a last note here about the way the program is written, since it was one of my first project, the code is a real mess that works well. Pretty much every aspect of it will get me a 0 at an exam.
But since it works, just take care !

Offline i20

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 10:23:57 AM »
Just a note about the previous message concerning those who don't have the app,
I did a review of the code and there shouln'd be any more crashes.
Checked the english version on the store, it's up to date. I don't know how google deals with different version, but as far as I'm concerned, there is one app that handles french or english depending on the language set on your android.