Author Topic: [HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL SHADOW WORLD BOOKS] Campaign summary  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
[HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL SHADOW WORLD BOOKS] Campaign summary where the party met almost everybody and learned almost everything

This summarizes the events in a 15 long adventure RMU campaign, made up of 27 game sessions (and 6 character design sessions) of about 4 hours, where 5 players went from lvl 7 to 12, got to meet a lot of key players in the Shadow World and achieved stuff that should go into the timeline.

I'm not kidding, if you read this you'll ruin any chance of being surprised by the secrets of Kulthea.

Ok, now that you are here, even now, I'll say things in the order they happened so you can quit reading if it's too much information for you.

The party was composed of:
- Dagnuul "the Changramai dropout and pirate wannabe", a Kinsai monk, who always carries rum for himself and whoever wants a shared sip. Although his rich family got him into the Changramai monastery as was his dream, once he saw how the monastery rejected assignments when people couldn't afford the monks, he chose to get out before completing his training, which cost his family even more money. He vowed not to guide his challenges on the money paid but on the need of those asking. His most powerful possession is a pair of Jinteni bracelets which hold the spirit of a Great Spider that can communicate mentally, shoot web spinnerets (close distance grapple attack), grants fixed ranks in climbing and stalking, and create web ropes.
- Gnaar "the possessed monkey chef", a low level Jungle Gark ranger, who was captured by Zaen cultists and injected with an experimental Jinteni device that carried the mind of a Mind Leech mother (see Emer III p.52). The injected Mind Leech was played as a Venturer (adapted to RMU using monk costs and most of the lists ported over from the Combat Companion). Experience was 90% to the Venturer and 10% to the Ranger, though most of the time the Leech would let the goofy Gark do as it pleased, it would "take over" in serious situations and combats, and since it couldn't properly use the speech center of the Gark's brain, it resorted to hand signals, which made for some really interesting moments. Most confusing of all was the fact that the Gark was called Gnaar, but referred to his inner mental companion as "Gark" and never took the time to fully explain what was going on to the rest of the party. His most powerful possession is a Jinteni staff that has bonus and defenses against undeads and stores spells.
- Ikina "the child foreteller", a Kuluku seer (adapted to RMU using most of a mentalist costs and the spells from Mentalism Companion) who was met by the players in the previous campaign. We created a "Pre-teen" flaw that meant she didn't get most of her cultural ranks, compensated with talents that allowed her to cast some Seer spells at higher levels. Her most powerful possession is a Jinteni shield that allows its surface to be used as an immobile medium for scrying, grants Grace bonus to some Seer spells, stores spells, increases Power development and teaches the Concentration spell.
- Lenna ka Tofe "the smashing merchant", a Laan thief, who used her skill costs to build a massive bonus for trading and all things social, but would resort to war mattock swinging when talking was not a possibility. This character was created for one of our RMU playtesting sessions, as a farmer who had lost everything to unlife machinations, and was helped by the Loremasters to get her life together afterwards. Her most powerful possession is a Jinteni war mattock with an embedded lightning elemental, which does additional electricity criticals, can be thrown a short distance and returns flying on the same round. It also provides a bonus to Strength, reduces the fumble range and will destroy most objects with ease (Doorcleaver).
- Varyan Jeranian "the shield creator", a Loar Adept, and the first attempt to use RMU alchemy rules. The character was trained under the best of the Namar-Tol artificers, but was determined to put her creations to good use, learn the secrets of ancient cultures, and ensure the safety of those she traveled with by casting defensive spells and crafting armor pieces. Her most powerful possession is a Staff of fire bolts (with increased range and bonus), that gives a bonus to all spell casting, is a +2 adder, and can cast Shock Bolt once per day.

Before I tell you about their adventures, you must know that the story we played continues right after the previous campaign, about which you can read here:
http://torrerolemaster.blogspot.com/2017/06/a-three-year-long-campaign-in-jungle.html

Last chance to go back...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: [HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL SHADOW WORLD BOOKS] Campaign summary
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 02:29:17 AM »
+1.

I won’t read because I am back as a Player of late:
just wanna say, as a GM, I love folks sharing how their tables handled different modules and what happened.

I posted a long time ago for folks to share any and every module played, heh, but it got buried quickly.  Hope this spawns more posts like this!
Cheers for sharing!!!

PS: Adventure Log for our(Ancellus‘) SW Campaign

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: [HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL SHADOW WORLD BOOKS] Campaign summary
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »
Wowee! Great story! I love reading about others adventuring in SW.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.