Author Topic: Vulth Torgu  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Vulth Torgu
« on: July 02, 2018, 06:30:59 AM »
Did somebody notice that the capital of Arkitor is Turiak Shek, that translated from Kugor is Lands of the Queen?

Next game could be there so I am starting to flesh out that area, and I will develop as an old kingdom of Ulya Shek that was abandoned by her +500 years ago.

I know there is some extra info on Nerdcon.dk website and I would use it too, but comments are wellcome.

Ni!

Offline B Hanson

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rolemasterblog
Re: Vulth Torgu
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 10:32:15 AM »
IIRC Ulya was in that area battling the Empire of a Thousand Dawns circa 2000-4000 Second Era.
www.RolemasterBlog.com
Other stuff I've written: https://tinyurl.com/yxrjjmzg
Files Uploaded: https://tinyurl.com/y47cfcrc

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 03:35:52 PM »
I looked in the timeline of the Atlas 3rd and in Powers and I found nothing linking her to this area

::)
Ni!

Offline B Hanson

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rolemasterblog
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 07:33:54 PM »
Hmm, I have it in the timeline for the Nomikos Library. Ill have to figure out where it came from!
www.RolemasterBlog.com
Other stuff I've written: https://tinyurl.com/yxrjjmzg
Files Uploaded: https://tinyurl.com/y47cfcrc

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »
I looked in the timeline of the Atlas 3rd and in Powers and I found nothing linking her to this area

::)

The various detail books like Emer III or Eidolon have timelines that include more detail for the specific region. I will also make the observation that some of Terry's ideas seem to be evolving over time, becoming a lot more fleshed out over time, and more recent materials are probably going to be more accurate in terms of canon. Go Terry!

(That doesn't mean you have to follow canon. Tell the story you and your players want to tell, and let canon fend for itself.)

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 01:37:55 AM »
I did find reference to the Kingdom of The Thousand Dawns on pages 16 & 17 of Emer II under the Palian Archipelago and Palia sections. In 3000 - 4000 they were listed as, along with Erlin of the Silver Forest, being in conflict with Dark Powers. No mention of who the dark powers were, and that was all I found in Emer II.

Master Atlas v4 mentions them a number of times, and specifically calls out problems with the Vulth Horde, but that was close to the end of the Second Era. Ulya Shek is really only mentioned in connection with Jenkyna in V4 iirc. I don't recall anything more expansive on her in any of the other books, but I don't remember everything in them either.

Vulth Horde

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 04:51:36 AM »
All the Vulth Horde stuff starts towards 6000 TE, so nothing was there at Second Era (I think).

Second Era and Dark Powers seems more Dominion Wars to me, so I will not use it.

My idea right now is that Ulya Shek was summoning demons for their experiments with a demonologist based there, when she learned from him/her, Ulya left. The demonologist died and his/her succesor was killed by Malim Pelax. The mages living in Turiak Shek are the only source of law and order, and manage the central part of Arkitor, the two peninsulas are too far to them. These people reject (officially) the contact with the Empire of Thousand Dawns

Malim is the one that has been helping the Hui to arrive there and flee from Raven Queen in the north and the Hui have stablished several villages during the last century.

Ni!

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 07:10:24 AM »
These are the various references I have listed for Ulya Shek, Vulth Horde and Vulth-torgu. I haven't been through them all though.

Ulya Shek      Emer Atlas II   24
Ulya Shek      Emer I: Hæstra and the Emerian Empire   33
Ulya Shek      Grand Campaign   36
Ulya Shek      Powers of Light and Darkness   28
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   33
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   78
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   175
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   176
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   185
Ulya Shek      SWMA4   26
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   2
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   16
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   103
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   104
Vulth Horde      SWMA3   50
Vulth Horde      SWMA3   179
Vulth Horde      SWMA4   32
Vulth Horde      SWMA4   33
Vulth-torgu      SWMA3   50
Vulth-torgu      SWMA4   32
Vulth-torgu      SWMA4   106
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
All the Vulth Horde stuff starts towards 6000 TE, so nothing was there at Second Era (I think).
You are right. I was using find in Acrobat to find any references to Thousand Dawn and Ulya and skipped from mid SE to late TE without realizing it. XD

My idea right now is that Ulya Shek was summoning demons for their experiments with a demonologist based there, when she learned from him/her, Ulya left. The demonologist died and his/her succesor was killed by Malim Pelax. The mages living in Turiak Shek are the only source of law and order, and manage the central part of Arkitor, the two peninsulas are too far to them. These people reject (officially) the contact with the Empire of Thousand Dawns

Malim is the one that has been helping the Hui to arrive there and flee from Raven Queen in the north and the Hui have stablished several villages during the last century.

Sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into it. I am sure as Terry puts out more resources a lot of the material will get further fleshed out, so you may have to do some reconciliation with later publications. At the same time I suspect it will be many years before some of this stuff gets published. It also sounds like he plans (or had planned to) resolve the Ondoval part of the timeline through novels as opposed to in-game campaigns.

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 04:26:44 PM »
Quote from: egdcltd
These are the various references I have listed for Ulya Shek, Vulth Horde and Vulth-torgu. I haven't been through them all though.

Ulya Shek      Emer Atlas II   24
Ulya Shek      Emer I: Hæstra and the Emerian Empire   33
Ulya Shek      Grand Campaign   36
Ulya Shek      Powers of Light and Darkness   28
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   33
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   78
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   175
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   176
Ulya Shek      SWMA3   185
Ulya Shek      SWMA4   26
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   2
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   16
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   103
Ulya Shek      Xa'ar   104
Vulth Horde      SWMA3   50
Vulth Horde      SWMA3   179
Vulth Horde      SWMA4   32
Vulth Horde      SWMA4   33
Vulth-torgu      SWMA3   50
Vulth-torgu      SWMA4   32
Vulth-torgu      SWMA4   106

I have looked at most of them because I looked at it when I noticed that the Shek from the city could be linked to the Dragonlord. I find nothing so it's ok.

Quote from: The White Wolf
ike you are putting a lot of thought into it. I am sure as Terry puts out more resources a lot of the material will get further fleshed out, so you may have to do some reconciliation with later publications. At the same time I suspect it will be many years before some of this stuff gets published. It also sounds like he plans (or had planned to) resolve the Ondoval part of the timeline through novels as opposed to in-game campaigns.

Well, my players like to go back from time to time to known places, like Jaiman and Emer, but they know too much and the actions of the characters are affected by this knowledge. SW is such strong milieu that has some excellent ideas that can be used as a foundation for a campaign.

Thanks everybody for the input!
Ni!

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »

Well, my players like to go back from time to time to known places, like Jaiman and Emer, but they know too much and the actions of the characters are affected by this knowledge. SW is such strong milieu that has some excellent ideas that can be used as a foundation for a campaign.

Thanks everybody for the input!

One of the things that I really like is that a lot of the established characters represent shades of grey as opposed to a clear black and white. That leaves a lot of room for interpretation, and in a game I am starting to plan out the players won't necessarily be able to rely on the published works to know who will break which way. Plus I really like how Terry has things at a tipping point with regards to the next major event. 

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »
My players end up working with/for the Dragonlords in most of my campaigns. And they hate it, but they know it's better to have them as allies.
At this point they've learned that even the Navigators, Loremasters and Changramai will only help if they receive something in return, and only after deciding the risks are acceptable.
Their most recurrent "trusted" ally is Elor, but crazy as he is, they don't normally like working with him either.

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 09:38:48 PM »
My players end up working with/for the Dragonlords in most of my campaigns. And they hate it, but they know it's better to have them as allies.

The Dragonlords are one of those groups that I think of as more of a dark grey than a black. They aren't good, but they aren't witting servants of the unlife either.