Author Topic: additional element to addiction factor for herbs  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
additional element to addiction factor for herbs
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:32:55 AM »
I think there could be some merit in adding another element to the concept addiction factor: addiction is rolled for the second time you use an herb within a 14 day period as per the standard Rm2/RMC rules (RMSS/RMFRP may be different I do not recall at the moment) Anyways I think that maybe you could make the period variable so that taking a gefnul would not have the same addiction period as taking an akbutege. This is just of the top of my head but maybe a rule that said 3 days + 1 day/AF of the herb. Other herbs might need more work on their addiction periods - an herb like wyrmseave from Races and Cultures -Underground might for example have an AP of several years the same goes for a good few of the more potent organ and nerve repair spells.

What do you think?

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: additional element to addiction factor for herbs
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:04:42 AM »
I like it a lot! :)

It adds a little more complexity to the process of herb taking but if you're already using the addiction rules, it's an addition that's well worth it!

I have to admit that I'm not already using the addiction rules as I'm building my group up a bit at a time with a little extra complexity to the rules session by session (as my 2 daughters are the main players) but I'll certainly look forward to any Vault or Express Additions that finalises the time rules!   :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=9234.msg119318#msg119318

Here is my system. I basically treat it like a "fumble". As was pointed out, it might be a little backwards on the normal RM rules, but it's a lot easier for me; less rolls/charts/page turning involved.
Everything is based on AF. AF determines how long withdrawl lasts, hits taken when you can't get your fix, what happens if you get your fix while "jonesing" etc.
This works for drugs, spells, whatever you think could be habitual. :)
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
"Jonesing"???

I take offense to that!  :)

Jut kidding!
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com