Author Topic: HARP Sci Fi Gamma Questions  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Master Tugun

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP Sci Fi Gamma Questions
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:20:55 AM »
Not sure if anyone else has been befuddled by this or anything else at HARP Sci Fi, but here's my Q:

Pulse Grenades are a puzzler for me.

It conjures up multiple questions.

First, the Primary and Secondary Blasts, are they both treated as electromagnetic pulse blasts (only with a 3m radius Tiny Impact Critical irrelevant of Mk# size on the Primary Blast?)

OR is it that the Primary Blast uses the Impact Critical table (with a +25 bonus if targets are within 3m)

AND the Secondary does the CRR Pulse Effect part?

Speaking of CRR... Don't CRRs usually have steps to them to figure out how bad the target is affected based on how they roll? Should these be just RRs, then?

Speaking of which, besides the Pulse Grenade description alluding to the effect of the Pulse Grenade there isn't anything to say to what extent the Pulse Grenades affect electronics per se.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: HARP Sci Fi Gamma Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has been befuddled by this or anything else at HARP Sci Fi, but here's my Q:

Pulse Grenades are a puzzler for me.

It conjures up multiple questions.

First, the Primary and Secondary Blasts, are they both treated as electromagnetic pulse blasts (only with a 3m radius Tiny Impact Critical irrelevant of Mk# size on the Primary Blast?)

Yes.

Speaking of CRR... Don't CRRs usually have steps to them to figure out how bad the target is affected based on how they roll? Should these be just RRs, then?

These CRRs tie into the Cyberware and Cybertech chapters. For space reasons, they have been moved out to the HARP SciFi Xtreme supplement.

Speaking of which, besides the Pulse Grenade description alluding to the effect of the Pulse Grenade there isn't anything to say to what extent the Pulse Grenades affect electronics per se.

Simply use it as a trigger to force a Malfunction test (see Breaking Equipment, Adventuring) and use the grenade Mark number to match to malfunction severity (Mark I = d100-20, ..., Mark V = d100 +20).

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Master Tugun

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP Sci Fi Gamma Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:53:04 AM »
Wow. That's NASTY! I like it. Thanks.