Author Topic: How many people play Rolemaster?  (Read 6360 times)

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: How many people play Rolemaster?
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
I have been playing ICE products since around 85' or 86' ....well somewhere in there.....a lot of water under the bridge. Since I am new....I do notice something....or lack of something...and it starts with "M". Are those products also open for discussion?

I have been an exclusive MERP player for 20+ years and I love that game, though we did incorporate a lot of regular RM stuff to spice it up.

The world is unrivaled in history and though I will play in other worlds I truly only prefer one.

I signed on here, because after nearly 10 years...we have assembled a new group of younger players and will have our first session this coming weekend.

Wish us luck, but once the first "E" crit KIA happens these guys will get hooked.

Anyone from Florida?

Scorba, The Crimson Terror of Rhudaur

Any questions about mechanics would be cool and open for discussion...not that a 20 year vet will have many questions there, lol.

A topic about the world and history of ME would probably be fine IMO.  ICE however has no affiliation with the old MERP stuff anymore.  There is a link to a detailed article that explains why somewhere on this forum.

And Welcome Scorba.  I have used that Dragon name so many times in my games it is like an old friend.

lynn

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Scorba

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 05:55:11 AM »
Thanks Lynn and Mordenkainen...glad to be here.........

I do not wish to have the ME nazis come down on me.....I love the ME world and with the RM rules it made for a super game, but I will refrain from mentioning it.....but I will still think about it.

I hope that as time goes by I can contribute something to make my existence here memorable.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 07:31:35 AM »
Thanks Lynn and Mordenkainen...glad to be here.........

I do not wish to have the ME nazis come down on me.....I love the ME world and with the RM rules it made for a super game, but I will refrain from mentioning it.....but I will still think about it.

I hope that as time goes by I can contribute something to make my existence here memorable.

For pure MERP discussion, you want http://www.merp.com/

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Trond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »

My recollection (from a royalty summary from Monte many years ago) is that it sold 35,000. I can't find said letter at the moment (it's around somewhere, I'm sure). But basically each Companion sold less than the proceeding one, for fairly obvious reasons. The one I wrote (6) sold over 10,000 copies.

You wrote that RM Companion? That was my favorite in the Companion series. Any thoughts on my proposal of certain actions rolling against stats alone?  ;) (see thread on using stat bonuses directly)