Author Topic: styles focus  (Read 2897 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
styles focus
« on: December 09, 2007, 03:35:28 AM »
Hi to All folk!
Are the focus (gestural, verbal...) are free for a non-spell user profession?
In COM, p 23 the focusesd are free when using a spell using profession. But , if a rogue (or others) want cast spells from Universal school? Does he must pay cost for buying focuses?
Tanx IOU!
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: styles focus
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 03:49:31 AM »
Regarding CoM you have two focus styles to begin the game. They are not restricted, so you could use every two even as a Rogue or Fighter.
If you want to have further casting styles you have to pay for them. For example you choose Singing and Gestual at level 1, but you decide later that it would be more fun to play an Instrument you could buy Play Instrument as third  casting style. You can then choose what two styles you want to use during the casting of a spell. You could either use Sing and Play or Sing and Gestual or Play and Gestual (a small one handed flute and making signs with the other hand).

Hope that helps.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 05:51:55 AM »
You're right but the question is: the focuses are free for a spell casting profession...but for a rogue who has Mystical skills?
If a fighter want to multiclass for mage: the focuses are for free or not?...that is the question (with the skull in hand ;))
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:03:40 AM »
The two styles are free for ALL professions, not only spellcasting ones.
So even a fighter has to choose his two casting styles at first level. You only have to pay for additional casting styles, regardless of your profession.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
Every profession gets 2 styles for free, period.

To get additional styles, you must purchase them. This also applies to every profession.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 07:54:32 AM »
Tanx IOU guys ;)
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&