Author Topic: Death in Hack&Slash  (Read 7873 times)

Ramoran

Re: Death in Hack&Slash
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 01:55:01 AM »
So there's a special rule about the number 66 specifically?  I know I was rolling a crit, and I knew why I needed to roll high, but what's the deal with 66?  Is it an instant kill or something?

Offline Balhirath

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 04:34:36 AM »
If a crit gives "death in xx rounds" and list no other damage, you can presume that at the damage and trauma were severe enough that the body will be a its negative Con value at the end of those rounds. You can also presume that there is also other related damage, in accordance with the attack.

And that the damage is such that there is also massive organ damage and so forth.

There are also a few crits that leave little or no remains to ressurect....

Just hope you don't receive one of those..  :evil2:

The way I normally handle this if the players want to try a healing is rather simple.
If the Crit states that someone falls to the ground bleeding and dies after 7 rounds, just add his remaining hits to a fictive con-stat (I normally just say 75) and divide that total by 7. Thats the amount of hits/round the person is bleeding.
Ex: The person hit have 100 hits left when he got the crit saying that he will die from bleeding in 7 rounds. 100+75=170. Divided by 7 that is 25 Hits per round!

So if anybody wants to help the person, they better be able to close a wound that bleeds 25 Hits per round... which pretty much leave only magical healing, since First an Second Aid is out of the question and Surgery takes too long (normally).

I'm new here, but have played RM2 on and off for 20 years. :)

Offline choc

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 05:49:11 AM »
@Balhirath:

There's a main flaw.
That makes weaker ppl easier to heal than stronger ones. And already wounded ppl anymore.

Scenario:
Constat 40, already wounded, 10 hits left -> 50 / 7 -> 7,1xx ~ 8 hits/rnd
Constat 80, fresh, not wounded, 120 hits left -> 200 / 7 -> 28,5xx ~ 29 hits/rnd

The wounded linnet is able to be healed by skill healing (first aid), the unwounded beef-cake cannot even be healed by magical healing (except 19 ranks major healing)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 08:14:31 AM »
So there's a special rule about the number 66 specifically?  I know I was rolling a crit, and I knew why I needed to roll high, but what's the deal with 66?  Is it an instant kill or something?

In Rolemaster a 66 on a critical table is a special critical. Usually very deadly, but also quite often slithgly odd as well. Most 66 crits are just as deadly as if you rolled a 100 for the critical.