Author Topic: Spell: Inflict Injury  (Read 2562 times)

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Spell: Inflict Injury
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:04:40 AM »
I was wondering how this worked considering the ML damage adjustment.
Basically armour is not important for the spell as it attack the person via magic directly, breaking a bone without directly striking it unlike an elemental bolt or weapon for example. Meaning that the effect appears magically on or in the body of the target without being hindered by armour.
Question then would be if armour does not protect against the effect of this spell, would the crit be treated as if the target was wearing "no armour"?
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Spell: Inflict Injury
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:15:01 AM »
I was wondering how this worked considering the ML damage adjustment.
Basically armour is not important for the spell as it attack the person via magic directly, breaking a bone without directly striking it unlike an elemental bolt or weapon for example. Meaning that the effect appears magically on or in the body of the target without being hindered by armour.
Question then would be if armour does not protect against the effect of this spell, would the crit be treated as if the target was wearing "no armour"?

Probably it should be.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: Spell: Inflict Injury
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:20:52 AM »
Cool spell then. Dangerous, though depending on the base attack roll the attacker and RR the target makes but if it hits, the target will know WHAT hit him. Pretty dangerous. Excellent. The necromancer in my party will be quite happy to hear it. And I as a GM can confront them armoured-up warriors with a new thing to fear.

Thanks for the quick answer!!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!