Author Topic: Weapons Missing Info  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Zavala

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Weapons Missing Info
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »
Hey,

I am constructing inserts for my Customizeable GMs Screen [PEG10002 - check it out, kinda cool] and came across something I hadn't noticed before.  In the HARP Core book it lists Staff Sling under Missile, Slings but I cannot find the attack size or type listed anywhere in the book.  I can imagine its Medium Crush, but its not officially listed anywhere.  Also there is no attack size or type listed for Throwing Chains in the book.  Also there is a listing for Tiger Claw on page 62 HARP Core but it doesn't give what Weapon Class or Group this weapon belongs.  Any official rulings on these three weapons?

Z

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Weapons Missing Info
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:40:18 AM »
Staff Sling = Combination of quarterstaff and sling -- use stats for both, depending upon how you are using it.

Tiger Claws -- they were included because they were intended to be used with a MA Style (see page 40), not as a stand-alone weapon. If you wanted to learn how to use them outside of a MA Style, you would have to learn to do so as a MA Strike type of attack, but doing damage as listed on page 62 as using this weapon would not be done in the same manner as using a short blade (note: learned this way, the weapon cannot be used with Chi Defense as the style says because this is NOT the style.).

Hope that helps...

Offline Zavala

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:50:14 PM »
Staff Sling = Combination of quarterstaff and sling -- use stats for both, depending upon how you are using it.

Tiger Claws -- they were included because they were intended to be used with a MA Style (see page 40)
Hope that helps...

Yes, but what of the Throwing Chains listed on page 46, its listed with Boomerang and Bola but doesn't have the attack size or type listed?

Z

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »
I would compare bola and boomerang and then make up the stats myself... shouldn't be too difficult... ;D
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc