Author Topic: Combat styles & weapon bonus  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Combat styles & weapon bonus
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »
Hi,

many combat styles require that the character has at least as many ranks in the corresponding weapon as with the style. But do I see it right that it is perfectly OK if the total bonus of the style exceeds the weapon bonus? E.g. a character has 10 skill ranks in Double Weapon and 10 ranks with his quarterstaff and +10 from stats to each skill. Then he puts his +10 bonus to a combat skill from being a fighter into his Double Weapon skill, so that his total bonus in Double Weapon would be 50 (skill ranks) + 10 (stats) + 10 (fighter ability) = 70 bonus while his quarterstaff bonus would only be 60. The rules seem to suggest that this is OK. Am I right?

Second question: In Martial Law the description of the combat styles never lists the weapon bonus to be added to the OB. But I guess a character who has, like in the above example, 70 bonus in his Double Weapon style, would have an OB of +85 if using a +15 weapon. Is that correct? Or would he get the weapon bonus only added to his quarterstaff weapon skill bonus and not to the OB from the style?

Thanks

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Combat styles & weapon bonus
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:56:49 AM »
Q! -- yes

Q2 -- Bonuses from weapons add to the OB skill. In your example, that could be either the Quarterstaff skill, or the Double weapon style skill bonus. If both skills use the same weapon, you can apply a weapon's bonus to both skills.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: Combat styles & weapon bonus
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply  :)