Author Topic: Bazaar 11  (Read 12650 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Bazaar 11
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
Yes, for acid table you're right. I've got old RM Companions and I'll use acid table, and Vacuum for Vacuum spell.
I want use RMC crit table because: the tables from HB11 are equal to RMX and with the tables from RMC: more possibilities.
For weapons, I can wait until new HB ;)
For spells like fire wall, to scaling : Tiny= A
                                               Small= B
                                               Medium= C
                                               Large= D
                                               Huge= E

Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »
Possible typos I found so far in HB11:
a) The Bastard Sword is doing only Medium damage when used two-handed. This seems strange given the fact that the Claymore and Katana - also weapons that can be wielded one-handed or two-handed - are doing Large damage and all weapons were doing Large damage in the core rules, when used 2-handed.

b) The Flail is listed to use the attack table for 1-handed edged weapons. This is strange as it is a two-handed concussion weapon in the core rules. I assume it should be using the two-handed weapons table instead.

c) The Scimitar is listed to do Small damage. I think it should be Medium damage as in the core rules.

d) The Spear is listed to do Large damage when used one-handed and Medium damage when used two-handed. I assume it should be the other way around, which would also better match the core rules.

Rasyr, can you confirm that these are typos and things should instead be handled as I mentioned above? Or am I wrong in some or all cases?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2007, 04:27:41 PM »
Picky... yeah, they are most likely typos...   ;D

Offline Quasar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »
Well, I just picked up #11 and I have to say I'm very happy with it. But one thing I am curious about is the DB mods. I'm wonder what the rationale is. Do Rolemaster characters on average have more hits than HARP characters and that's the rationale? I would have thought the tables would work perfectly as is, aside from adjusting stuff in the criticals for the difference in rounds between the two systems.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »
One more question I have concerning HB11:
The Frenzy skill in Martial Law states that "The character ignores all damage caps" and "The character receives a +10 bonus to his Adjusted Attack Roll (added to weapon size modifier)". How should that skill be used with HB11? Should the attack have Hugh Attack Size (from the "ignores all damage caps") and a critical would have an additional +10 modifier, with a maximum of +20 (from the +10 to the Adjusted Attack Roll)?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2007, 01:36:59 PM »
I would treat Frenzy as double hit damage from the attack tables, and +10 to any critical rolls. No mods to OB, though

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2007, 04:07:20 PM »
OK, thanks

Offline Adunakhor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »
kinda sorta -- in the normal combat system for HARP, heavier armors protect more from damage, and have a higher DB rating.

In RM, there are 20 DB rating (though on the normal attack tables, the protection value is not a linear gradient).

On these, there are 6 columns. each of the six already take into account some of "heavier armor protects better", so the full DB bonus from HARP is not required. However, I also felt that with the Armor By The Piece system that HARP uses, some items will still provide a DB bonus to the character.

The column used for attacks on your character is based upon the armor worn on his torso, the largest part of his bonus. And since the largest portion of your body is now determining the attack column being used, it would not be right to allow the full DB bonus. So I subtracted a value equal to a shirt & helm, the two most commonly worn items (and worked out to be half of the DB of a full set).

In short, the DB adjustments are because the tables themselves provide a damage adjustment based on the armor worn, and the DB adjustment works to balance than back to closer to its original values.

Why not subtract the full suite DB instead? If the column is determined by the armor worn on the torso, there are 3 possibilities:

1. The character is wearing a full suite of this armor type. The column would match exactly, with 0 DB from armor.
2. The character has additional armor by the piece, which gives some better protection than the armor worn on the torso. He will, in many cases, end up with a positive armor DB, using the column for the weaker armor. The positive armor DB will compensate for the possible higher damage. In this case I would treat a negative armor DB as 0.
3. The character has additional armor by the piece with a weaker protection than his torso armor or no additional armor at all. He will, in most cases, end up with a negative armor DB, thus compensating for the lesser damage from the column for the better armor. In this case I would apply the negative armor DB because of the better armor column.

Wouldn't this be more logical?

Andreas.
Love your enemies. It will drive them crazy.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »
One more question concerning the changes in HB11:
The Blade Barrier Weapon Style normally allows the character to add his Strength bonus to the weapon's size modifier before applying it to the critical. How would that work with the rules and Attack Tables in HB?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2007, 10:29:09 AM »
One more question concerning the changes in HB11:
The Blade Barrier Weapon Style normally allows the character to add his Strength bonus to the weapon's size modifier before applying it to the critical. How would that work with the rules and Attack Tables in HB?

Add Str bonus to crit roll

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2007, 04:01:55 PM »
OK, thanks