Author Topic: Fortress Law (Armsmaster)  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Fortress Law (Armsmaster)
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:40:58 PM »
Hi all!

What do you think about the spell list Armsmaster's "fortress law" , which many barriers spells need concentration? It seems that their usefulness remains weakened by this, so you can not use several spells at the same time, and if you want to protect a fortress you have to be constantly concentrated.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Fortress Law (Armsmaster)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »
Basically, I agree.

One way around the C limitation is to use the new skill Concentration, found in the same book.  With this skill, you could give the spell a long duration and require a concentration check anytime the Armsmaster summons the barrier.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:08:56 PM »
only for the low-level spells and the Armsmaster is a Semi spell user. Once you get above 10th level, the (C) limit disappears.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
 Another work around is if your GM used the concentration talent that doubles the time you concentrate. So you concentrate for 10 rounds and the spell keep up for an additional 10 rounds.

I have also found as it was said above that the spell are a lot more useful at higher levels than at lower levels. IMO it is sort of a tarde off but it works very well.

MDC

Edit: You can also use spell mastery to change the spells requirements.
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 05:00:20 PM »
I imagine that a low level armsmaster is supposed to team up with the comrades he command.
/Pa Staav

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
Without some serious tweaking, changing from concentration to one rnd a minute isn't doable with spell mastery at low levels for a semi spell user.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:41:27 PM »
Without some serious tweaking, changing from concentration to one rnd a minute isn't doable with spell mastery at low levels for a semi spell user.

lynn

I agree.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.