Author Topic: MERP Campaign Time line  (Read 1294 times)

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
MERP Campaign Time line
« on: October 08, 2019, 05:51:08 PM »
Is there a good direction to play the various MERP modules in an order that cold create a campaign of sorts.  I have a box of these and played a few in the day, but my group is interested in continued campaign using MERP modules.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline wjuusti

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: MERP Campaign Time line
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 04:53:16 AM »
Usually the modules have adventures around 1640 TA. Its good time since there is alot going on.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rediscovering the Joys of MERP
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 03:54:03 AM »
Usually the modules have adventures around 1640 TA. Its good time since there is alot going on.
Not sure that is what Gandalf was asking.

To be honest you will need to read through them and pick some sort of plot thread out of separated modules. I know (because I have done it in the past) you can create a story arc from the Last Inn in the rule book through the Dark Mage of Rhudaur and on to Rangers of the North. Basically the idea is that you link the threat of Rhudaur becoming militarized with the threat to the King by Mal Tarma and an incursion by the forces of Angmar.

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »
Not sure that is what Gandalf was asking.

To be honest you will need to read through them and pick some sort of plot thread out of separated modules. I know (because I have done it in the past) you can create a story arc from the Last Inn in the rule book through the Dark Mage of Rhudaur and on to Rangers of the North. Basically the idea is that you link the threat of Rhudaur becoming militarized with the threat to the King by Mal Tarma and an incursion by the forces of Angmar.

Thank you Aspire, your answer is exactly what I was looking for.  Appreciate the help.