Author Topic: Staves/wands or Runes "intrinsically" meaning  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Staves/wands or Runes "intrinsically" meaning
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »
So, the above noted, now.
Whaddya think?
Too powerful?

I do like it as it flavours up how powerful a Lightning Bolt is versus a Shock Bolt since most newer RM versions seem to reduce attacks to the same tables with mali(maluses) depending upn attack form(all slashing weapons on same table but Rapier is say +15 while Dagger is -30, etc.).

I guess I'm an old RM2 sort of guy and love all the different attack tables.  That's probably why I love RMSS' (or is it RMFRP, I can't remember - again, the aforementioned many books syndrom  ;D ) The Armoury.  Here we have a bunch of attack tables for weapons that used to just be Table X with Bonus Y in RM2.  I know some of the mechanics of the tables are different between RM2/RMC & RMSS/RMFRP, but are they so different that I can't use The Armoury's Katana table within the mechanics of the mostly RM2 ruleset I use?  I don't think so.  But that's me.  Purests might not agree…

Nightblade ->--

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 03:04:30 PM »
Oh, hey, I’m with you as an old RM2 fuddy duddy.

More tables, the better!
(dole ‘em out to the Players to help with lookups or attach old school tabs to the sheets most often looked up(or “photocopies” like I used to do to keep my Arms Law books immaculate after losing the first one to GM thumb-wear and tear!)

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 09:29:01 PM »
I'll probably get axed for saying this: but print outs of specific attack tables from the PDFs would be pretty sweet in that regard.  But I wouldn't advocate such blatant copyright infringement.

Nightblade ->--

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 09:37:37 PM »
I'll probably get axed for saying this: but print outs of specific attack tables from the PDFs would be pretty sweet in that regard.  But I wouldn't advocate such blatant copyright infringement.

Nightblade ->--

Wouldn't that be considered fair use? I mean, if I buy a Kindle Ebook, then print out a few pages of it so I can read it in bed at night, am I infringing copyright?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
That is entirely legal and covered by fair use.

Infact I always use just a subset of the attack tables rather that a full arms law to reduce page flicking and speeding up combat. If you have multiple copies of the main critical tables you can arrange attack and critical tables as facing pages and have everything at a glance.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...