Author Topic: Magic Item question  (Read 1123 times)

Offline shookrb

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Magic Item question
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »
I have an old MERP module that references a "Grey Robe of the Adept" magic item as well (as a couple of other items) and I can't seem to find any book that has more details about it.  I'm assuming its referencing a rolemaster item but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what MERP/Rolemaster book would have this item in it? I'm kind of new to this and I was curious.  Thanks.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Magic Item question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
shookrb,
 First welcome to the ICE Forums.

Second, do you have more info on what book it came from? That migth go a long way into helping someone remember just what "Gray Robe of the Adept" is or was way back in the MERP days.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline shookrb

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »
It was in the module Perils on the Sea of Rhun under the description of DAELHAELIN CIRYA on page 10.  In the same module it mentions a Staff of Flame and one other thing that I think I found in the Creatures and Treasures books I never found an entry for the Grey Robes of the Adept only this little blurb in this module. I'm not sure what +10 L/I is either. Thanks for any help on this. 

Grey Robes of an
Adept x2 PP, +10 DB, +10 RR, +10 L/I

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
Yes the rest of the stats make some sense but the +10 L/I has me baffled a bit. Is there a skill with an abbreviation L/I?
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »
I'm guessing +10 leather, reduce crits by one (I).  It should be either RL or SL though.  If a robe, I'd rule SL.  In RM, that would be AT 7 or 8.  I'd go with AT 8.  Very nice item.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »
I would have to agree that this was Leather with crit reduction I, which in RM convert to what you were saying AT8 with reduction of crit 1 level down. I have used this before (old MERP's) player.
Knowledge is unimagined Power