Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 286130 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #1040 on: August 14, 2016, 02:07:07 AM »
Green Gryphon is Copper on DriveThruRPG. I wonder when that happened.

Cool; I only usually follow RPGNow (which has been weird lately; the top Guild Companion sellers seem to keep jumping around). I think the sales numbers for DriveThru are much higher for medals than RPGNow. I've been waiting to see which goes Electrum first on RPGNow, Eidolon or Gryphon.

Yes, they have kept mucking up on RPGNow, haven't they? I guess there were database problems. I'm possibly expecting Green Gryphon to go Electrum first (it's older, cheaper and can be used anywhere). There's a heck of a lot more competition on DriveThru than RPGNow, and all of GCP's links post to RPGNow.

EDIT: Ah, I see Nicholas already mentioned the last. Most companies' links tend to post to DriveThru (which is why there's more 'competition'; there aren't any more products on the site); I think people pick one or the other to focus on. It's better to get a metal on one site I think, than not get it on two.

I am bummed that GA #4 has not medaled yet...
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1041 on: August 14, 2016, 04:08:06 AM »
I had thought it would have by now. It might be one of those slow and steady supplements. Two of the others are Silver, one Electrum, so the long-term sales look promising. I also don't know how many were bought through DriveThruRPG - the sales may be diluted.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1042 on: August 14, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »
I wish someone would run a SW game using Fantasy Grounds! I'd love to play. Unfortunately I don't have the energy/time to set up and run a game, unless I had an assistant...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1043 on: August 14, 2016, 01:24:17 PM »
I had thought it would have by now. It might be one of those slow and steady supplements. Two of the others are Silver, one Electrum, so the long-term sales look promising. I also don't know how many were bought through DriveThruRPG - the sales may be diluted.

It may have suffered from the long (but unavoidable) delay in release. Meanwhile, I really want to get another SW product out soon, but my attention is scattered across several projects, including NE Jaiman and SW Emer...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1044 on: August 14, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
I wouldn't mind a game in SW, but the UK time differential would be a problem as well.

It may have suffered from the long (but unavoidable) delay in release.

I think it's also the type of supplement that people buy when they need, rather than immediately after its release.

Meanwhile, I really want to get another SW product out soon, but my attention is scattered across several projects, including NE Jaiman and SW Emer...

I hear advances have been made in cloning :)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1045 on: August 14, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »
I wouldn't mind a game in SW, but the UK time differential would be a problem as well.

It may have suffered from the long (but unavoidable) delay in release.

I think it's also the type of supplement that people buy when they need, rather than immediately after its release.

Meanwhile, I really want to get another SW product out soon, but my attention is scattered across several projects, including NE Jaiman and SW Emer...

I hear advances have been made in cloning :)

Hah hah! re Fantasy Grounds, I played in a demo game a couple years ago. I only had to be up late morning on Sunday to play with others in the UK. It was fun.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1046 on: August 15, 2016, 07:04:52 AM »
It would be nice if at some point all the SW adventures from the Guild Adventurer were compiled into a print on demand book. Perhaps not a PDF, just a book. I have seen a few publishers do this. It would probably need at least a couple more adventures first though.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1047 on: August 15, 2016, 10:07:33 AM »
It would be nice if at some point all the SW adventures from the Guild Adventurer were compiled into a print on demand book. Perhaps not a PDF, just a book. I have seen a few publishers do this. It would probably need at least a couple more adventures first though.

Nicholas and I have discussed compiling the GA's into a book, but many of the layouts are very low-rez. I don't think we talked about a book of just SW adventures. They are all rather long and (unlike some of the other GA adventures) I think the graphics are all good enough for print.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1048 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:21 AM »
Nicholas and I have discussed compiling the GA's into a book, but many of the layouts are very low-rez. I don't think we talked about a book of just SW adventures. They are all rather long and (unlike some of the other GA adventures) I think the graphics are all good enough for print.

Yes, that's what I though from a glance; they looked like they might be high enough resolution. 60 odd pages might be a bit short for a decent hardback though. A paperback compilation would work, but I do like the hardbacks. Both would be great. There's also the advantage that the entire book would be catering to a specific audience.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1049 on: August 28, 2016, 05:46:17 AM »
I never heard of this beautiful Chinese city. It would be great as a major town in Nuyan Khom

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/08/27/priority-wuzhen-ancient-chinese-water-town-history-7000-years/
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1050 on: August 28, 2016, 07:10:02 AM »
Have you gotten your copy of Guild Adventurer #4 yet? It has a big adventure for Shadow World in it. It is set in SE Emer but on an island and reached by a Portal, so could be placed anywhere.

Guild Adventurer #4
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:45:04 AM by Terry K. Amthor »
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1051 on: August 30, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
I never heard of this beautiful Chinese city. It would be great as a major town in Nuyan Khom

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/08/27/priority-wuzhen-ancient-chinese-water-town-history-7000-years/
That place is like right out of the best kung-fu movies!! It is awesome.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1052 on: August 31, 2016, 02:18:29 AM »
I wish someone would run a SW game using Fantasy Grounds! I'd love to play. Unfortunately I don't have the energy/time to set up and run a game, unless I had an assistant...

I think it would be a little intimidating to run a SW game with you as a player!
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1053 on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »

I think it would be a little intimidating to run a SW game with you as a player!

I played in an online demo for Fantasy Grounds a few years ago, and I thought I behaved ok. ;-) I'd never played in an online interactive game where you were connected live and could speak to the other players and the GM. I loved it!

Actually one of the other players was surprised how I got into playing my female (rogue?) character. Most of the other guys were from the UK, and maybe a little more restrained but I like to really role-play my character. It was fun.

And as far as being intimidating: I certainly would never second-guess or criticize the GM! SW is what you make it. I respect anyone who makes the effort to be a GM. It is a lot of work.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #1054 on: August 31, 2016, 02:24:58 PM »

I'm thinking about starting up a game using Skype as the medium.  I do have a bit of a site set up for what I intend to be my next SW campaign on Obsidian Portal (look up "Rust of Coming Ages").  If you're interested, I'd think about it a whole lot harder...

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1055 on: August 31, 2016, 02:29:43 PM »

I played in an online demo for Fantasy Grounds a few years ago, and I thought I behaved ok. ;-) I'd never played in an online interactive game where you were connected live and could speak to the other players and the GM. I loved it!

Actually one of the other players was surprised how I got into playing my female (rogue?) character. Most of the other guys were from the UK, and maybe a little more restrained but I like to really role-play my character. It was fun.

And as far as being intimidating: I certainly would never second-guess or criticize the GM! SW is what you make it. I respect anyone who makes the effort to be a GM. It is a lot of work.
It would not be second-guessing or criticism I would worry about, it would be like running MERP with Tolkien sat at your table.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1056 on: August 31, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »

It would not be second-guessing or criticism I would worry about, it would be like running MERP with Tolkien sat at your table.

Which could be pretty awesome.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1057 on: September 01, 2016, 03:54:19 AM »

I would be worrying constantly, did I pronounce that correctly, did I describe that the way Kevin/Tolkien meant it to be and do on.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1058 on: September 01, 2016, 05:05:52 AM »

I would be worrying constantly, did I pronounce that correctly, did I describe that the way Kevin/Tolkien meant it to be and do on.

Hey I have trouble pronouncing some of my own words. K'ta'viiri, for instance  ;)
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1059 on: September 01, 2016, 05:43:01 AM »

Hey I have trouble pronouncing some of my own words. K'ta'viiri, for instance  ;)

I think you can take it as a compliment that I used the pair Kevin/Tolkien in a sentence. If I ever GM for you it would have be with you using an assumed name and possibly a false moustache.