Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 286145 times)

Offline Batheloth

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »
more informations about artifacts and lost technologies?
interaction between dia khovaria and namar tol?
description of the city of the death?
descriptions of some taranian structures?
more details about jinteni and worim?

I agree with shanarakthefair whole-heartedly.  I'd love to see some more info old Althan technology and installations.  I've been breaking out the Spacemaster books and adapting things for that, but I know that they were actually way ahead of the Terrans so I'm sure even my updates are falling short of their grandeur.  More info on the Interregnum cultures and peoples would be nice too.

Thanks for all of your hard work over the years, Terry.  I'll be very happy with whatever you decide to work on next.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
Other: Spacemaster novel - maybe, if it intersects with Kulthea at all.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline shanarakthefair

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • shadow world master since 1990 (RM2)
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2014, 08:57:27 AM »
What was the language of taranians? where did thy came from? we know that this people was a former people colonized by Althans people. however they looked like what? techno level reached at the time of the crash? (the famous scale from 1 to 16)
did  they could mastered the essence?
life, weapons, architecture. contacts with other primitive races?
I invent all these answers on my side, but I would like additionals info from you  terry, you will understand. in our version of shadow world, after the rise of the continent tarania, we have cryogenically survivors who had emerged.

what becomes the soul of a Althan or ktaviir  in death?
I made the assumption that their souls were in a place locked by one of eissa keys on her belt.

seen that the Althans mastered the interdimentionnal travel, we can think of the survivors fled and founded colonies elsewhere?
etc etc etc
terry, your world is far from being death. please, give us (sell is more appropriate) more and more informations.
we are inspired as never.
ho, a personnal rq about althans:
althans are monstrous (physically, psychic and spell manipulation).
when i see their tech level, I have extrapolated what would be a former soldier Althan with cybernetics and nanotechnology implanted. scary! this was inspired from various books sf:
-the legacy of armaggedon (david weber)
-The Old Man and War (john scalzi)
-Path of the Fury (david weber)
bye terry
hi boys (crowley, devil in the supernatural serie)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2014, 10:26:36 AM »
What was the language of taranians? where did thy came from? we know that this people was a former people colonized by Althans people. however they looked like what? techno level reached at the time of the crash? (the famous scale from 1 to 16)
did  they could mastered the essence?
life, weapons, architecture. contacts with other primitive races?
I invent all these answers on my side, but I would like additionals info from you  terry, you will understand. in our version of shadow world, after the rise of the continent tarania, we have cryogenically survivors who had emerged.

what becomes the soul of a Althan or ktaviir  in death?
I made the assumption that their souls were in a place locked by one of eissa keys on her belt.

seen that the Althans mastered the interdimentionnal travel, we can think of the survivors fled and founded colonies elsewhere?
etc etc etc
terry, your world is far from being death. please, give us (sell is more appropriate) more and more informations.
we are inspired as never.
ho, a personnal rq about althans:
althans are monstrous (physically, psychic and spell manipulation).
when i see their tech level, I have extrapolated what would be a former soldier Althan with cybernetics and nanotechnology implanted. scary! this was inspired from various books sf:
-the legacy of armaggedon (david weber)
-The Old Man and War (john scalzi)
-Path of the Fury (david weber)
bye terry

Oh so much! :-)  Regarding the Taranians, oh so much will be answered in the Wuliris module, which is already very well along (55 pages).

As for Shadow World souls, that's a bit more tricky. I'd be interested to hear what other GMs do?

Finally, Althan warriors with cybernetics and nanotech: scary! Sounds like a super-Borg. The K'ta'viiri would not do those things to themselves, BTW, (except maybe nanobots temporarily for healing) as they considered themselves to be genetically and physically perfect.

Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2014, 10:35:26 AM »
I, too, would love more information on both the Taranians (sounds like it could be a warped way of saying Terrans, to me, so maybe that is a clue to their origins) and the Terran Empire - specifically those elements found on and near Kulthea. All that stuff is very interesting to me. Also, would love to see a published adventure that is basically the Rolemaster version of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks...
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »
I, too, would love more information on both the Taranians (sounds like it could be a warped way of saying Terrans, to me, so maybe that is a clue to their origins) and the Terran Empire - specifically those elements found on and near Kulthea. All that stuff is very interesting to me. Also, would love to see a published adventure that is basically the Rolemaster version of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks...

And so you shall have all of the above! There are Taranian installations in Wuliris, and they are still partially functioning... and inhabited.  :-X

Actually, I am introducing a few Terran Empire elements in new adventures in Eidolon and Emer II, since the Dia Khovaria agents are interacting with the Loari, and D.K. TARA agent Patrick O'Kiran is presently living in Sel-kai...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
 :wave:   & :worthy:
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
I wish our forum had something like the Facebook 'like' button, to show that you read a post and agree/like it...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2014, 11:29:46 AM »
I wish our forum had something like the Facebook 'like' button, to show that you read a post and agree/like it...
I guess that would be clearer, but I was hoping my response was understood.

Yes. I like where you are going with the Shadow World stuff.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
I guess that would be clearer, but I was hoping my response was understood.

Yes. I like where you are going with the Shadow World stuff.

Hah! Yes your response was very clear and much appreciated! I just meant in general; sometimes I read a post on the forums and like it, but don't want to go to the trouble of doing a full-blown reply.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline shanarakthefair

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #270 on: January 17, 2014, 11:53:04 AM »
when you post, when you answer, i like !!!!
and althans with nanotechnology? (those without psionic power?)
ordainer morlock was the only kadaena bodyguard? a demon?
even an althan elite force?  :)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
when you post, when you answer, i like !!!!
and althans with nanotechnology? (those without psionic power?)
ordainer morlock was the only kadaena bodyguard? a demon?
even an althan elite force?  :)

I think it's safe to assume that the Althans/K'ta'viiri had nanotech, and that they would use it to enhance their warriors. And I am sure that Kadæna had a lot more bodyguards than one Ordainer!  ;)

There's no reason to believe that there isn't some nanotech 'running' around even now on Kulthea... how do those Shards run so fast?  :o

Remember, as Arthur C. Clarke so famously said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline shanarakthefair

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #272 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »
william, don't read after, it is spoiler.

for me terry, kadaena and previous emperor  commanded  an elite unit called: the imperial unit.

this unit only obeyed the emperor, and especially not the senate Althan. a unit which was the armed wing of the emperor. 40000 soldiers handpicked.
the unit was dismantled by order of kadaena because of "altruistic" trends of the unit. trends quite different from that of kadaena. ;)
my players unknowningly (or intentionnally) will release his prison one of these soldiers! jiltanith FUNERARE, who is a  captain female from this elite force. encased in a super jail created by Althans in the past to imprison dangerous experiments, guinea pigs restive extra dimentionnels. and traitors. name of the prison: the vault.
goal: to have an ally in the fight against an enemy from the east, through the depths of the planet to attack the west. it is a ktavvir preceded by omegas 3 drones.
high power campaign as you cas see.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »
Hah! Yes your response was very clear and much appreciated! I just meant in general; sometimes I read a post on the forums and like it, but don't want to go to the trouble of doing a full-blown reply.
That would be handy.

I definitely have been thinking of ACC when I run fantasy these days. It just seems to allow me to deepen my experience and give me more ideas.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2014, 11:44:06 PM »
That would be handy.

I definitely have been thinking of ACC when I run fantasy these days. It just seems to allow me to deepen my experience and give me more ideas.

There was a fun series here in the US on the Science Channel called 'Prophets of Science Fiction' that they repeat regularly. They pad it with some modern stuff, but the bios of Clarke, Asimov, Verne, Wells, Heinlein and Richard are all really interesting
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2014, 11:47:25 PM »
While we wait for Emer III to be uploaded (hey, I am not in control of that), I have been spazzing all over other projects, from Eidolon to Emer II to the very different Wuliris module, to Haalkitaine. And here is a little gift... I fixed some date errors. How much more fun does color make it?
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
more informations about artifacts and lost technologies?
interaction between dia khovaria and namar tol?
description of the city of the death?
descriptions of some taranian structures?
more details about jinteni and worim?

I agree with shanarakthefair whole-heartedly.  I'd love to see some more info old Althan technology and installations.  I've been breaking out the Spacemaster books and adapting things for that, but I know that they were actually way ahead of the Terrans so I'm sure even my updates are falling short of their grandeur.  More info on the Interregnum cultures and peoples would be nice too.

Thanks for all of your hard work over the years, Terry.  I'll be very happy with whatever you decide to work on next.

I have got my 2nd edition SpaceMaster books on PDF now, and it's been interesting to go back through the past! I am going to integrate a few dates into the timeline of the Wuliris module, because it will be very relevant.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2014, 05:12:29 PM »
With many of the previous SW modules being revised, are there any plans to make a new edition of the Master Atlas too?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »
I'm having terrible writer's block on the Eidolon adventures. Other than that and some new NPCs for those same adventures, the thing is almost done. Almost every section in the book got some major expansion.

Time for more coffee... and then maybe switch to tea. I'm being pretty hard on my stomach.  :P
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »
You know what they say about 'fish or cut bait'? No, me either, except I need to start editing things to get them out, and move on. Sometimes I think I need an editor like Gibbs on NCIS who will just smack me upside of the head and say 'Amthor, I want that revision now. Quit with the tinkering.' Ouch.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.