Author Topic: Determinng Power Points in RM Classic  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Marc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Determinng Power Points in RM Classic
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »
There is an optional rule to determine power point by training it with development point which I use.

There is also a rule that you gain power points based on the spell stat of your realm lets say IN for channeling 90 would give you 1 power point per level.

Ok so do you get the total of both if you are using the develop rule.

For example a level 3 character with 90 IN(1 per level) and 4 levels in power point development. Lets say power point development gives 6 every time trained.

Is the characters total power points from level 3(1+1+1) and development 24(4 x 6)=for grand total of 27 is this correct? How do you guys run your campaigns.

Also spell multipliers x2. Do you multiply the grand total? so the player would have 54 power points?

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Determinng Power Points in RM Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:48 AM »
X = stat factor for PPD

If you are using the "Develop PPD" rule, use the developed formula, if not, use the undeveloped formula, don't add them together.

Undeveloped, you get X * level
Developed, you get X * ranks

If you are using level bonuses, and if your profession is listed as getting a level based bonus to the PPD skill = Y

Undeveloped = (X * Level) + (Y * Level)
Developed = (X * Ranks) + (Y * Level)

If you have a PP multiplier, it affects the final total, the only exception being if you have something like the "Archetype" BGO which gives you x2 PP, then you don't multiply twice.

Example

Assume a character's total PP from whichever calculation you use is 24

If this character has an x3 multiplier, they have 24 * 3 = 72 pp

Example 2

This character is "Archetype" so they have 24 * 2 = 48 PP

If this character has an x3 multiplier, they do not get 48 * 3 = 144 PP

Use the "Stacked multipliers rule" which is to take each multiplier -1 and add them up, then +1. so:

x2 archetype + x3 PP Multiplier
(2-1)+(3-1)+1 = 1+2+1 = 4

So this character would have 24 x 4 = 96 pp

Note: The only instance I can think of where multipliers stack on one PC for PPD is the one I just gave with Archetype and a PP multiplier, you cannot for instance normally use two PP multipliers stacked.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Determinng Power Points in RM Classic
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:02 AM »
X = stat factor for PPD

If you are using the "Develop PPD" rule, use the developed formula, if not, use the undeveloped formula, don't add them together.

Undeveloped, you get X * level
Developed, you get X * ranks

If you are using level bonuses, and if your profession is listed as getting a level based bonus to the PPD skill = Y

Undeveloped = (X * Level) + (Y * Level)
Developed = (X * Ranks) + (Y * Level)

If you have a PP multiplier, it affects the final total, the only exception being if you have something like the "Archetype" BGO which gives you x2 PP, then you don't multiply twice.

Example

Assume a character's total PP from whichever calculation you use is 24

If this character has an x3 multiplier, they have 24 * 3 = 72 pp

Example 2

This character is "Archetype" so they have 24 * 2 = 48 PP

If this character has an x3 multiplier, they do not get 48 * 3 = 144 PP

Use the "Stacked multipliers rule" which is to take each multiplier -1 and add them up, then +1. so:

x2 archetype + x3 PP Multiplier
(2-1)+(3-1)+1 = 1+2+1 = 4

So this character would have 24 x 4 = 96 pp

Note: The only instance I can think of where multipliers stack on one PC for PPD is the one I just gave with Archetype and a PP multiplier, you cannot for instance normally use two PP multipliers stacked.

I agree with the info above. It also looks like you are asking about RM2/RMC rules which is fine as in RMSS/FRP you just use ranks bought * racial PPD/rank (Note as determined by chart) + Category Bonus (includes stat bonus and profession bonus+other bonus options) + other bonus.
  In RMSS I use fractional PPM, so I would have a PPM or 1.33 or 1.4, 1.5 or 2.25. I do this as there are more PP's in RMSS/FRP and I do not want to do away with PPM and I do not want to have PPM's be too powerful.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.