Author Topic: Happy 30th!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Rochndil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster uber alles!
Happy 30th!
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »
I wasn't involved at the beginning of things (at 15 I was still playing that OTHER game), but I think I was first introduced to Rolemaster around when the second edition was starting to come out. While I've moved on from the group I used to play with, I still love the game, and consider my time with RM the best RP I ever had (even though we tended to die a lot, and have horrible luck with politics).

I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing the unified system (even though it means having to buy new books!), which hopefully will help inspire a new generation of RM players.

I also very much appreciate the contest (effectively) bringing back one of my favorite sections of the old website - Rolemaster Moments! A pint of ale and a tip of the helm to whoever thought of that! It's too bad I suffer from CRS and can't meaningfully contribute to the contests, but I really enjoy reading the entries!

Rochndil, still reading and collecting the classic (and soon to be outdated) books...
Nobody tells me these things!

Offline Wm_Humphrey

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Happy 30th!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
In my very first RM1 combat, the very first attack my buff new fighter character made with his claymore resulted in the most infamous fumble result I've ever seen in any game: "Trip over an unseen imaginary deceased turtle..."!  :o
In our very next combat, my wife's elven magician rolled a net 437 with a Shock Bolt against a plate mail-clad evil Sorcer's head henchman... then got a 66 on the critical! *Ouch!*  8)
I still love RM because it's the best balance of "realism" (as I perceive my fantasy worlds, YMMV) and customizability. By the end of RMSS, I thought it had gotten a bit bloated so my (very) casual gaming group (who only gets to play once or twice a year) adapted HARP to our Shadow World campaign to simplify things.
I'm looking forward to the new release!
Bill H