Author Topic: Rolemaster News  (Read 5596 times)

Offline TAK

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster News
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
If you propose losing that, you beg the question of how to resolve chances that are less than 1 in 100. As it stands, all ICE games in all iterations have a handy means to resolve "heroic" acts, where "heroic" is defined as something that rates a "Sheer Folly" or "Absurd" modifier. It's the flip side to the lethality of the combat system, that on the one hand it hasn't been nerfed, but on the other hand you can actually figure your chances of doing something suicidally stupid and getting away with it.

I'm all for simple where it can be achieved within an acceptable cost, but.... here, you'd have to either find something to replace it with or nerf the entire game, no?

+1, Agreed 100%

I'm sure someone will come here to suggest something, but there is really no change needed to this.

Offline jeddak

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »
Hoo boy, it's getting down to the wire, and I'm wondering when ICE will announce the public beta of Unified Rolemaster.

Will it be tomorrow? Will it be Thursday? Will I get to spend Labor Day weekend with it? Or will we have to wait until September?

I can hardly contain myself!

<fidget> <fidget> <fidget>

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »
Hoo boy, it's getting down to the wire, and I'm wondering when ICE will announce the public beta of Unified Rolemaster.

Will it be tomorrow? Will it be Thursday? Will I get to spend Labor Day weekend with it? Or will we have to wait until September?

I can hardly contain myself!

<fidget> <fidget> <fidget>

Nicholas HM Caldwell, said in another post that it looks like it will be the first week/end of September. The team is hard and fast at work and Dr Caldwell has his brothers wedding to attend, so he will get very little work done this weekend.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline jeddak

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
Thanks - somehow I missed that.

Well, life has to take precedence even over FRPG's!

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
Well, life has to take precedence even over FRPG's!

I hate it when that happens.  ;D
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline Skulldier

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »
Is Rolemaster Unified going to use the Angus McBride covers? I really hope is does--nothing says Rolemaster to me more than those covers.

Sorry if I missed the answer somewhere else in this, or any other, thread.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
Is Rolemaster Unified going to use the Angus McBride covers? I really hope is does--nothing says Rolemaster to me more than those covers.

I do not know but I just wanted to welcome you to the ICE Forums.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 01:05:19 AM »

I assume it will not include Angus McBride art since sadly he are no longer are with us. It would mean they would have to use his old art for covers and I am sure they want to mark a new era with the new Rolemaster. Meaning using new art.

Personally McBride was always one of my favourite artists and would have loved to see art from him.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately Angus McBride passed away or we would have been asking him for at least one new cover.

Instead we will have five brand-new covers.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
The big thing I am wondering and waiting to find out is what kind of changes will be present?  How will they bridge some of the differences between RMC and RMSS (Fantasy)?  Will the top skill cost be 30, higher, or lower?
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Skulldier

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately Angus McBride passed away or we would have been asking him for at least one new cover.

Instead we will have five brand-new covers.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Yeah, I knew he was dead (such a shame, but he did leave us with an amazing art legacy), I was just hoping that the new books would keep using the old covers. But I totally understand using new art to not confuse the editions. Guess I'll be picking up some RMFRP stuff to make sure I have some stuff with his art on the shelf while I'm waiting for Unified to arrive.